• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Don't hold your breath

No Hay

Bronco Guru
It's now being reported Ford is using temporary workers to build their vehicles because so many employees are at home from Covid. Ford issued a statement (yesterday 7/25?) saying something like "some folks now may not get their Bronco until 2022." (Per Car and Driver Mag).

elan

Loc.
s
And slowly the air gets released from the party balloon...

That is exactly what I would want, a new vehicle built by temp employees.

Ford strikes again

Yeller

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Rogers County Oklahoma
As long as the quality control folks are doing their part temps are not an issue. They have to be managed appropriately just like regular employees. When management fails is when the issues arise. We use a lot of temps, most of the markets my company works in we can't get applicants and those that do don't show for an interview, at least the temps show up and if their not worth the air they consume we can send them packing without dealing with corporate BS.

Tugross302

After some of the stories I’ve heard from my father in law who worked for GM building chevelles and Gtos in the late 60’s, it may be a good thing that temps build them. The regular guys would put empty liquor bottles in the kick panel, throw seatbelt bolts through the windshields just to hold up the line. Because they were mad at management. They drove them off the end of the line to an outside parking area and they would see who could do the best burnout. At least a couple slammed into the building

Glass Pony

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Sussex County Delaware
A lot of times temporary workers are a little hungrier and work a little harder in the hopes of getting a permanent position. We all started somewhere once.

eBronc2

Contributor
Remember, the majority of assembly line workers are union. The stuff they can get away with and still keep their jobs is pretty amazing. Temp workers may not have the experience, but considering it's a new vehicle on a new assembly line that may not be such a bad thing...it means they don't know all the ways to "work the system" to slack off. Hopefully quality control is still there - if not, that's what warranties are for.

sprdv1

Contributor
REBEL
I would think so too

As long as the quality control folks are doing their part temps are not an issue. They have to be managed appropriately just like regular employees. When management fails is when the issues arise. We use a lot of temps, most of the markets my company works in we can't get applicants and those that do don't show for an interview, at least the temps show up and if their not worth the air they consume we can send them packing without dealing with corporate BS.

BluebroncoNC

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Asheville, NC
2022 is being echoed at the dealerships as well. My local Ford Dealer said they had 70 per orders, a lot of these will not get their trucks until 2022...

Tugross302

Maybe sooner than you think. Guess who’s going in for a test drive. Hahaha. I got this email from my dealer

Attachments

• 71A74B3B-2ABC-4D98-A219-25B2EE95773C.jpg
    71A74B3B-2ABC-4D98-A219-25B2EE95773C.jpg
    50.2 KB · Views: 122
OP
OP
No Hay

No Hay

Bronco Guru
Well, you've got some pull!

Or, did you have to use the phrase "OBVIOUSLY, YOU DON'T KNOW WHO I AM!" ;D

ngsd

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Now that is impressive. Just think, last week Monica was still flipping burgers and now she advanced delivery on the New Bronco. Isn't America great!

sstlaure

Bronco Slacker
Pure rumor No Hay. We're running hard at all plants right now and have strict COVID protocols in place at all locations (including incredibly strict reporting from all suppliers and downstream facilities as well). The only thing that might push delivery of a Bronco into 2022 is the incredibly high demand we're seeing.

https://www.caranddriver.com/news/a33423111/2021-ford-bronco-reservations-delivery-delay/

From Car & Driver (I don't see anything about temp workers.....):
The good news for Ford is that enough people have registered that the wait list is growing and Ford is admitting that some reservation holders have a long, long way to go until they get their Bronco. "Reservations have been so popular that some Bronco customers may not receive their Bronco until 2022," the spokesperson said, adding that vehicles intended for customers with reservations will be built ahead of orders for stock units. That means dealerships will not be getting vehicles to sell off the lot for quite a while, so if you want a Bronco, even with the delay, making a reservation remains the best way to queue up.

txpd

I am told that each dealer is going to get a 4 door base model with a selection of available accessories mounted for test drives. My dealer indicated the trucks would be available to take home overnight. Frankly if these were 2 door Broncos, i would just buy the demo when they are finished with it. Its not though

ransil

Bronco Guru
Remember, the majority of assembly line workers are union. The stuff they can get away with and still keep their jobs is pretty amazing. Temp workers may not have the experience, but considering it's a new vehicle on a new assembly line that may not be such a bad thing...it means they don't know all the ways to "work the system" to slack off. Hopefully quality control is still there - if not, that's what warranties are for.

We have been hiring temps for the past few months, most cant pass a piss test.

mrgrtt123

Oh no, a lot og people will definitely be worried about getting a new car from Ford.