• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

What have you done to your Bronco today?

ahansen_1985

Bronco Guru
Loc.
amity, oregon
Ran all new brake lines, some wiring, got it to turn over with the key!:) got header gaskets and bolts.... DOM tube for the 1 ton steering....:)

1966,351,m5od,205....3.5" lift, 2" body, 35's,

blamejane

Bronco Guru
Originally thought I would leave the interior as is...loved the old nostalgic look; time warp. But that didin't last long! I'm now interested in door panels, armrests, and door cups. Both of my window crank knobs fall off when I roll the window down, so I need those as well. I decided to remove the passenger door panel and see what hardware would be necessary (if at all). Everything looked good, but the window stopper was not in-place, so I fixed that. Also, the window frame guide thingy was just flappin' around in there. So after removing the rusty braket/nut part, my husband re-tapped it and now everything is snug as a bug. That was a fun :)

JSmall

Bronco Guru
I cut off the monstrous front bumper a few months ago. I couldn't get the stock bumber on because the old mounts were welded on. I was able to clean up the frame and but the old bumper on.

d2d0a163.jpg

a63e2649.jpg

Stutsmo

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Started another project. Truley a "spare parts" build. Assembled with parts I have or can trade for to complete. Going to sell it when it is done to fund the rest of my"junko" build. I am blasting and painting the drive train this week.

Attachments

• 2012-07-08 21.17.18.jpg
    2012-07-08 21.17.18.jpg
    162.8 KB · Views: 27
  • 2012-07-21 20.38.19.jpg
    2012-07-21 20.38.19.jpg
    155.7 KB · Views: 30
  • 2012-07-21 21.56.36.jpg
    2012-07-21 21.56.36.jpg
    160.2 KB · Views: 30
  • 2012-07-21 20.38.36.jpg
    2012-07-21 20.38.36.jpg
    145.5 KB · Views: 28

mudford

Loc.
Midland, MI
Took it to Silver Lake sand dunes (yesterday) for its first time out to work the bugs out. I came home with a list of things to fix: front seal leaking, rear axle leaking, power steering pump not bleeding out good and then spewing out fluid, needs a little bit of tuning on the carb, a new battery, and the new tach quit working (probably just wiring). I still need to make a winch bumper also.

It was still a fun day out with the family, but it will be more fun when I get all of the above fixed.

Attachments

• photo.JPG
    photo.JPG
    118.2 KB · Views: 51

BronCowie

Contributor
Old Timer
Loc.
Vancouver, WA
I cut off the monstrous front bumper a few months ago. I couldn't get the stock bumber on because the old mounts were welded on. I was able to clean up the frame and but the old bumper on.

That looks much better Jaromy. I did the same to my back bumper a month ago, put Dan's chrome bumper on when he upgraded his... a little thing that makes a big difference.

okie4570

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
NW OK
Ordered new door locks and ignition tumbler, waiting on new liftgate glass and seal as well. The wife and I had to put a new heading in the budget, "bronco this and that's". :)

sprdv1

Contributor
REBEL
Measuring up length of rear drive shaft... pick up a spare when I can...

JSmall

Bronco Guru
That looks much better Jaromy. I did the same to my back bumper a month ago, put Dan's chrome bumper on when he upgraded his... a little thing that makes a big difference.

Thanks Mark. It looks much better. I think I'm going to start the 4x4x2 box and hydro boost soon. I hate not driving it, but the upgrade needs to happen.

LTL4life

Loc.
The FROZEN TURDRA
Drove her hard for 25 miles and got it nice and hot. Tried like mad to get it to pop or backfire thru the exhaust but it never happened! ;D Looks like the new carb worked and dont have a manifold problem anymore. Finally found the nagging oil leak. Coming from the man. fuel pump block off plate. went and got some black Permatex and re did the gasket, kinda waste of time because i made my mind up to go back to a manual fuel pump. The elect. pump is not mounted where it should be and the noise is getting annoying.

broncnaz

Bronco Guru
Replaced the pushrod I bent in my 71 this morning when I started it up. Got to start driving it as this is the third pushrod I've bent in the last 6 months. Need to get it out of the back yard and give it some street time. This once in awhile start up is not doing it any good.

BronCowie

Contributor
Old Timer
Loc.
Vancouver, WA
Inadvertantly fixed a small vacuum leak I didn't know I had. When I needed to re-route my tranny vacuum line, I needed a longer hose, so got a new one. Engine runs smoother, C4 shifts cleaner. The old line is at least 20 years old; must've had some small leaks in there somewhere, life is good. ;D

broncokak

Bronco Guru
Inadvertantly fixed a small vacuum leak I didn't know I had. When I needed to re-route my tranny vacuum line, I needed a longer hose, so got a new one. Engine runs smoother, C4 shifts cleaner. The old line is at least 20 years old; must've had some small leaks in there somewhere, life is good. ;D

Got to love it when you fix things by mistake! %) ;D

broncokak

Bronco Guru
Got my pinion angle all dialed in. Had a loose front wheel bearing and pulled it apart to find more than just a loose wheel bearing. Wound up replacing the spindal and hub and putting in a new set of bearings. I think I'll pull the other side apart just for giggles now. :p

Sabas

I did the gas pedal mod to eliminate touchy gas pedal. Takes off like a boss..

Sabas