• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

904Bronco-Mustang purge valve question

Jedeka

Contributor
I have my 2000 Mountaineer harness torn apart for modifications. I have been watching EFI Guy’s videos on YouTube. Two wires I have questions about. One, is the purple w/white tracer wire in #14 of C115. Did you remove this wire or move it at PCM from #67 to #41? Two, are you using the green w/black tracer in #39 of C115 for the Mustang purge valve? Gary mentions wiring it up to the Mustang purge valve and working on the bench. Curious if it works in real world driving conditions. Thanks.

904Bronco

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
San Martin, CA
I have my 2000 Mountaineer harness torn apart for modifications. I have been watching EFI Guy’s videos on YouTube. Two wires I have questions about. One, is the purple w/white tracer wire in #14 of C115. Did you remove this wire or move it at PCM from #67 to #41? Two, are you using the green w/black tracer in #39 of C115 for the Mustang purge valve? Gary mentions wiring it up to the Mustang purge valve and working on the bench. Curious if it works in real world driving conditions. Thanks.

Garry has done all my harnesses, so I can't give you and answer on the wiring. He keeps suggesting I give it a go myself, but I am a little timid about that.

Garry does say the the Purge valve works on the bench... It activates at cruise which is about 2000 rpm. It opens for me around that rpm.

Doug.

OP
OP
J

Jedeka

Contributor
Thanks . I think with your mechanical experience, you could handle the wiring harness modifications. I am not finished yet, but think I am almost on the downhill slide. Last night and part of today, I was a little overwhelmed. I didn’t cut my headlight harness off of the body harness, because I wanted to save as much as the cruise control module wiring as I could. I removed the wire loom from all of the wiring, removed the wires from the three bulkhead connectors, then pulled out the cruise control wiring and coiled it all up. Most of the remainder of the wiring I could leave intact, in case I needed any wiring to color-match to the new harness. I did have to cut off a few wires from a ground eyelet. Gary’s #1.5 engine harness video gave me some needed confidence, after watching video #1. Video #2 is all body harness info. It’s nice to watch it at home on the TV screen. I can pause the video as I build the harness.

904Bronco

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
San Martin, CA
Thanks for the positive support... Maybe it is the time involved, so many more wires than a Mustang harness. I know that the 1st one I eventually do will take me a while...
I have a 97 harness that I am considering doing after my 69 Bronco project is done.