• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

1966 Specific Wiring Diagrams In CAD

t120r

Hello everyone, I found and redrew the original 1966 wiring diagrams in CAD. I can't upload them to this site as they are files and not photos. If someone knows a way to convert them easy, I'll do it and upload them. If anyone wants the CAD file, just PM me. One condition, please let me know any errors or changes that should be made. I'll update it easy enough.

EDIT** I scanned my Autocad drawings and saved them as jpegs. The quality isn't as good, but very readable. If anyone knows a way to convert CAD to a picture format without losing the quality, I'll do it.

Attachments

• 1966 Bronco Accessories pg1.jpg
    1966 Bronco Accessories pg1.jpg
    101.4 KB · Views: 60
  • 1966 Bronco Accessories pg2.jpg
    1966 Bronco Accessories pg2.jpg
    94.7 KB · Views: 50
  • 1966 Bronco Ignition, Starting and Charging pg1.jpg
    1966 Bronco Ignition, Starting and Charging pg1.jpg
    90.5 KB · Views: 41
  • 1966 Bronco Ignition, Starting and Charging pg2.jpg
    1966 Bronco Ignition, Starting and Charging pg2.jpg
    104.7 KB · Views: 42
  • 1966 Bronco Interior Lighting and Gauges.jpg
    1966 Bronco Interior Lighting and Gauges.jpg
    78.1 KB · Views: 41
Last edited:

73azbronco

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Take a screen shot or snip with windows 10 software? CAD software probably has an export function to pdf.

OP
OP
T

t120r

Take a screen shot or snip with windows 10 software? CAD software probably has an export function to pdf.

Exporting it to PDF still doesn't help as this site only lets you upload photos. I'm not sure if you've ever used Autocad, but exporting to a jpg, BMP, etc always comes out crappy. If someone knows a way not to lose the quality, I'll be happy to do it.

Viperwolf1

Contributor
electron whisperer
Exporting it to PDF still doesn't help as this site only lets you upload photos. I'm not sure if you've ever used Autocad, but exporting to a jpg, BMP, etc always comes out crappy. If someone knows a way not to lose the quality, I'll be happy to do it.
I've uploaded pdf files here.

Evolkid

If you are using Solidworks, the 3D pdf output function is pretty cool. Anyone can rotate and look at the CAD file in 3D.

Which program are you using?

Steve83

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Memphis, TN, USA, Earth, Milky Way
On a Windows computer, get the drawing in the size you want, and it CTRL+PrintScreen to take a screenshot. Then paste it into MSPaint and crop/edit as needed. You can stitch together several screenshots to keep a big drawing at a usable resolution. When you're done, save it as a 16- or 256-color BMP (for precision) and then as a JPG to upload. That's how I did this:

(click this text)

This is how I've done wiring diagrams:

(click this text)

Those captions explain more about those diagrams.

OP
OP
T

t120r

Well I thought I had auto renew for contributor status. I was mistaken, so I just fixed that. Here's the attached CAD file for whoever is interested. Any corrections or suggestions for improvement are appreciated.

Attachments

• Original 1996 Bronco Wiring Diagrams.dwg
    2.7 MB · Views: 32

DirtDonk

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Any corrections or suggestions for improvement are appreciated.

You mean like, for example fixing the title to say 1966 instead of 1996?;D;)

What do I need to open up the file? That program linked to near the beginning of the discussion?

Thanks

Paul

OP
OP
T

t120r

You mean like, for example fixing the title to say 1966 instead of 1996?;D;)

What do I need to open up the file? That program linked to near the beginning of the discussion?

Thanks

Paul

Oh geez... that's a typo for sure. If i get a chance I'll fix that over the weekend.

Yeah, you open it you'll need Autocad or similar drafting program. I'm not sure how it will turn out, but i can always print them and then scan them to a jpeg. I'll try and see this weekend.

DirtDonk

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Ahh yeah, figured it was Autocad, but wasn't sure. I used to have it on my old laptop, but have not done it in a long time.
I'll see if there is a free viewer.

Paul

OP
OP
T

t120r

Ahh yeah, figured it was Autocad, but wasn't sure. I used to have it on my old laptop, but have not done it in a long time.
I'll see if there is a free viewer.

Paul

If you, your spouse, kids, etc are somehow in the education field, you can get an education licence to use Autocad for free. It's really great if you want to make drill jigs/layouts for brackets.