• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Steering Box

Yooper74

I think I know the answer to this question but thought I’d throw it out there to see if there were any new ideas out there.

My steering box is leaking bad so I pulled it. Started researching rebuild kits and quickly found that most people prefer to get them rebuilt to a 4:1 ratio.

So now instead of new seals I’m thinking about sending it out for a rebuild and conversion.

Any opinions on best place to send it?

garberz

Bronco Influencer
Loc.
Conejo Valley, Ca.
I sent mine to Lee’s Power Steering in Valencia, Ca. They have a great reputation and they were local to me. There’s several good shops that are capable of doing the proper machining and bearing conversions. I would check this website and educate yourself on what a quality rebuild consist of. Then compare this to what others offer. I consider Lee’s to be one of the best out there.

https://leepowersteering.com/

Mark

blubuckaroo

Grease Monkey
Loc.
Ridgefield WA
Welcome to EB.
A rebuild kit only has the stuff to stop leaks.
A rebuilder can fix a worn and sloppy box.
Mine used oversized balls to compensate for a w born worm gear.

hucklburry rev2

I sent mine off to Lee also, its been a trusted name for years. It not only gets resealed, but back to specs on the internals, and of course you can setup the order on the webpage you will see the adder for converting to 4 turn. Do the order, ship it, mine was back in like 2 weeks from CA to MO??