• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

A brutally honest suspension comparison...

Rustytruck

Bronco Guru
And now its even better! instead of "you can have any color choice as long as its Blue" you can get black or unpainted parts.

God I hate factory branded colors.

bronconut73

Bronco Guru
And now its even better! instead of "you can have any color choice as long as its Blue" you can get black or unpainted parts.

I am "proud" to wave the Duff Blue Flag.

To each his own.

OP
OP
englewoodcowboy

englewoodcowboy

Lick Creek Restorations

Factory Branding is all about Brand promotion, sure it may not fit with your color scheme and nothing stops you from changing it. I think Duffs is on point, if the blue would have gone with my color scheme I would have run it but I chose to do something a little different since black would make it all disappear, I wanted it to stand out but look good so I painted it to match my body and back masked their logos in it. I wave the Duff Tuff flag because their stuff works and it works well. At the end of the day, get what makes you happy, put your spin on it and get out there and have fun with it.

OP
OP
englewoodcowboy

englewoodcowboy

Lick Creek Restorations
I'm not doubting your findings, well, maybe I am. I certainly do not intend to be offensive and hope you don't take it that way. I also am not trying to defend any vendors product. I have read your posts in the past and know you are on top of your game. I wish I had your knowledge when I had my AOD gone through, but that's another subject. I think a guy could make the argument that the design of the fabricated radius arms, landing at the axle at a higher point than stock arms do. causing them to sit slightly closer to parallel to the frame could potentially put the small end of the arm in less of a bind to start with and allow a little more droop. I always thought a guy should cut the radius mounting tabs off the frame and weld them on angled down in a more neutral position to start with

For those who doubted we finally had time to install my old suspension with the TRex and the results are in. The TRex with WH droop was 13.25". Remember with the factory arms, with or without shocks and springs attached we got 13". When we disconnected the WH springs from the TRex the axle dropped back down to 16" . With the fork lift flex, TRex, WH 2.5" springs and Bilstein 5100's it gained 0.75" over stock radius arms for a total of 30" under the rear tire while with the Duff Coils let it flex out to 32" from 29.25".

Adding to some time behind the wheel and several thousand miles since the install I could not be happier with the end results. If you are looking for a great all around on and off road suspension Duffs has the market cornered.

I hope this answers any and all questions.

OP
OP
englewoodcowboy

englewoodcowboy

Lick Creek Restorations
The comparison was WH rear Leafs vs Duff rear leafs. Duffs ride smoother IMHO. Add A Leaf will typically stiffen the ride and blocks on wore out stock springs is not a good option.

green61bug

Contributor
Loc.
Greensboro
Ah, just the thread I've been looking for. Thanks so much for doing the comparison and then posting in detail the results. Perfect for those of us planning on a lift with no previous experience driving or riding in one.