• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

PO Surprises

akforsyth

Contributor
I have to admit, PO surprises are not my favourite thing to find. So after my boy and I have started tearing down the 74, we find this... 1/16" steel inner fenders. Now I know the previous owner was a millwright, and they look kinda well made, but what a PITA these are going to be!

Attachments

• IMG_1361.jpg
    IMG_1361.jpg
    126.9 KB · Views: 232
  • IMG_1362.jpg
    IMG_1362.jpg
    159.1 KB · Views: 209
  • IMG_1360.jpg
    IMG_1360.jpg
    69.6 KB · Views: 187

ared77

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Woo Hoo! It's like Christmas every time you pull back another layer!!!;D I know what you mean and it can be a pain.%) Good luck.

rguest3

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Ah yes, PO options. Love it!

You never know what you might find with a newly acquired Bronco.

okie4570

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
NW OK
I've been replacing floors on a 66 u15 off and on over the last couple of weeks. Where a PO put the 3sp on the floor, they built an extension off of the tunnel to surround the shifter area. It's made with enough angle iron to sink the Bismark. The rear floor had a sheet of plywood bolted to it at some point, rusted out the floor underneath, and was also surrounded with a angle iron frame.......lol

OP
OP
akforsyth

akforsyth

Contributor
I've been replacing floors on a 66 u15 off and on over the last couple of weeks. Where a PO put the 3sp on the floor, they built an extension off of the tunnel to surround the shifter area. It's made with enough angle iron to sink the Bismark. The rear floor had a sheet of plywood bolted to it at some point, rusted out the floor underneath, and was also surrounded with a angle iron frame.......lol

Ah yes, plywood.... I did manage to pull some of that off the floor too, held down with wood screws to the wooden brace on the underside.... needless to say I think a full floor pan replacement is now going to happen.

okie4570

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
NW OK
Ah yes, plywood.... I did manage to pull some of that off the floor too, held down with wood screws to the wooden brace on the underside.... needless to say I think a full floor pan replacement is now going to happen.

At the time, that dang piece of plywood probably cost a dollar, and is going to cost an entire rear floor and two wheel houses now. Rest of the body is great, solid and door fit is perfect still.

sprdv1

Contributor
REBEL
I have to admit, PO surprises are not my favourite thing to find. So after my boy and I have started tearing down the 74, we find this... 1/16" steel inner fenders. Now I know the previous owner was a millwright, and they look kinda well made, but what a PITA these are going to be!

good luck :)