• Be EXTREMELY cautious if someone offers to buy your Bronco for more than your asking price and sight unseen. ESPECIALLY if the buyer is overseas. It's probably a scam.

Discuss it more here:
    http://classicbroncos.com/forums/showthread.php?p=514932
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

NC 78 F250 4x4 survivor

Status
Not open for further replies.

djack28

Contributor
1978 F250 4x4 with 22,000 actual miles. Original survivor, always garaged, great condition, 400 V8, C6 Auto, High pinion Dana 44 front. Good mechanical condition, Drive anywhere. Same family since new. Reduced to sell $12,000 Firm.

Attachments

• redengine3.jpg
    redengine3.jpg
    127.1 KB · Views: 312
  • redgauge.jpg
    redgauge.jpg
    89.2 KB · Views: 273
  • redbed1.jpg
    redbed1.jpg
    127.8 KB · Views: 139
  • redbed2.jpg
    redbed2.jpg
    115.2 KB · Views: 151
  • redunder2.jpg
    redunder2.jpg
    127.6 KB · Views: 150
  • redint2.jpg
    redint2.jpg
    141.7 KB · Views: 86
  • Red 1.jpg
    Red 1.jpg
    169.8 KB · Views: 133
  • Red2.jpg
    Red2.jpg
    144.8 KB · Views: 76
  • REd3.jpg
    REd3.jpg
    159.2 KB · Views: 84
  • Redrear (2).jpg
    Redrear (2).jpg
    129.8 KB · Views: 77
  • red7.jpg
    red7.jpg
    147.2 KB · Views: 105
Last edited:

ford man

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Leesburg Ga
Nice truck is the white at the bottom a decal or has it been painted on? The wheels look like Alcoa? It is a cool truck!

broncosam

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Seat upholstery looks like the same stuff that was on my first Ford truck, a 1977 F150 4x4. When I ordered the truck the salesman asked me if I wanted the heavy duty seat in the truck and the stuff in the pic is what it came with. When I took delivery I told him seat looked like it came from a school bus. Nice truck, do you by chance know which assembly plant built that truck?

OP
OP
D

djack28

Contributor
Thanks for the nice comments. The white stripe is reflective tape. The truck was originally ordered for a Volunteer Fire Department , my Dad was a officer at the time.He actually placed the order and took delivery of the truck for the Fire Department. I later became Chief and purchased the truck upon its retirement. It has been garaged all its life. It does show wear. However, it’s in amazing condition for 40 year old truck. The wheels are Alcoa. The seat is special order heavy duty vinyl, does look like school bus material. Truck was built in Norfolk.

OP
OP
D

djack28

Contributor
In 1978 no pollution equipment was required down here for high GVWR trucks . So no smog stuff on this one.

broncosam

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Thanks for the nice comments. The white stripe is reflective tape. The truck was originally ordered for a Volunteer Fire Department , my Dad was a officer at the time.He actually placed the order and took delivery of the truck for the Fire Department. I later became Chief and purchased the truck upon its retirement. It has been garaged all its life. It does show wear. However, it’s in amazing condition for 40 year old truck. The wheels are Alcoa. The seat is special order heavy duty vinyl, does look like school bus material. Truck was built in Norfolk.

Thanks, I thought the seat looked like the same stuff that came in my '77 F150. I had that 9 years before I traded it and in those 9 years it saw a lot of abuse. But when I did trade the truck, the seat still looked almost new after a good cleaning. Thanks for the info on the assembly plant, I asked about it because I worked at Ford's Louisville assembly plant and did my part to build a whole bunch of those things. I've said before , I think that generation of Ford truck is some of the best they ever built. Wasn't to much plastic in those.

OP
OP
D

djack28

Contributor
Updated photos with vinyl stripes removed. This is a true survivor rust free truck.Offers welcome.

1966tiger

Do you have any of the original paperwork with the truck, invoice, window sticker, owners manual / warranty card, etc?

OP
OP
D

djack28

Contributor
I have the window sticker, original bill of sale, mint owners manual and warranty card.

OP
OP
D

djack28

Contributor
Updated photos, Trucked cleaned up real nice. Motivated seller, reduced price to move!

tasker

Contributor
all knowing of nothing
Loc.
NH
WOW....sweet rig! wish I had the money and space to give it a good home!

Status
Not open for further replies.