• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

good news and kinda bad news...

hyghlndr

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Hockessin, Delaware
Congrats kids are the best gift you will ever get.

I would be surprised at 30k, the body looks pretty banged up to get a real high number. The quarter, door, fenders, etc are a little more than patina.

Do you have good pictures of the door posts, inner fenders, underside of floors, etc? If low rust that will help but the serious people want to see those areas.

OP
OP
rydog1130

rydog1130

Sponsor/Vendor
Bronco Guru
Congrats kids are the best gift you will ever get.

I would be surprised at 30k, the body looks pretty banged up to get a real high number. The quarter, door, fenders, etc are a little more than patina.

Do you have good pictures of the door posts, inner fenders, underside of floors, etc? If low rust that will help but the serious people want to see those areas.

Yeah its no where near that, I have it on ebay right now just to gauge on what people are willing to spend on it so I can show my dad the diference in potential and reality. I'll get more pics up as I know those are all key areas but the only thing that needs replacement body wise are the floor boards. Inner fender skirts, rockers, door posts are all solid.

I feel bad because I told Dave the guy I bought it from I'd give him first dibs if I were to ever sell it. He obviously wants it back but not much higher than what I paid for it from him 2 years ago. I had to let him know that I probably couldn't go that low on it and he's obviously upset with me. He's worried im going to sell it out from him on ebay but I have the reserve set pretty damn high that it won't sell. Hopefully ebay will give mean idea what people are willing to pay.I tried to tell him I need what I can get out of it and I could come down from what ever the max bid is on ebay. My daily drivers aren't cheap, its usually about 20k extra just for the conversions and both me and the fiancé need new cars. I really hate being in this situation but I have to be smart especially having a family on the way. What would you guys do in a situation like this? I've heard of guys buying back things they sold but whats the proper etiquette price etc? Anyways, let me know I appreciate all your thoughts and knowledge....

txtruk15

Contributor
Loc.
Highland Village, TX
Yeah its no where near that, I have it on ebay right now just to gauge on what people are willing to spend on it so I can show my dad the diference in potential and reality. I'll get more pics up as I know those are all key areas but the only thing that needs replacement body wise are the floor boards. Inner fender skirts, rockers, door posts are all solid.

I feel bad because I told Dave the guy I bought it from I'd give him first dibs if I were to ever sell it. He obviously wants it back but not much higher than what I paid for it from him 2 years ago. I had to let him know that I probably couldn't go that low on it and he's obviously upset with me. He's worried im going to sell it out from him on ebay but I have the reserve set pretty damn high that it won't sell. Hopefully ebay will give mean idea what people are willing to pay.I tried to tell him I need what I can get out of it and I could come down from what ever the max bid is on ebay. My daily drivers aren't cheap, its usually about 20k extra just for the conversions and both me and the fiancé need new cars. I really hate being in this situation but I have to be smart especially having a family on the way. What would you guys do in a situation like this? I've heard of guys buying back things they sold but whats the proper etiquette price etc? Anyways, let me know I appreciate all your thoughts and knowledge....

I can see giving the guy first right of refusal on buying it back, but as far as the price, that's gone up in the EB world the last couple of years, and you should feel good about asking market price; it's yours and would the former seller have paid you the same price you paid if the market had gone into the toilet? probably not....

OP
OP
rydog1130

rydog1130

Sponsor/Vendor
Bronco Guru
I can see giving the guy first right of refusal on buying it back, but as far as the price, that's gone up in the EB world the last couple of years, and you should feel good about asking market price; it's yours and would the former seller have paid you the same price you paid if the market had gone into the toilet? probably not....

Yeah that's the dilemma, prices have gotten stupid high. If I didn't have to worry about future bills etc I'd say sure take it for $x amount...it's yours again...

ngsd

Contributor
Bronco Guru
I would say your estimate is pretty accurate but like you said, let the market tell you. Congrats.

hyghlndr

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Hockessin, Delaware
Right to buy it back has to be a fair market current value....I wish I could buy back almost everyone I sold for what I sold them for.

bronkenn

Contributor
Bronco Guy
Loc.
Southeast Ohio
A person can't expect to sell something and want the same price down the road. I remember when you bought that and I'm sure you gave close to market value. Now if he gave you a smoking price with the assumption you were keeping it and you turned around and flipped it for a ginormous profit, then it would be a cheap shot. As long as a fair market price was offered then there shouldn't be a problem. Good luck in your new adventure. Ken

Slowleak

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Georgia
If you paid him fair market value, then he should expect to pay the same. I expect he sold it to you because you made the highest offer. If he did, then it would seem fair for him to match the highest offer you receive..... if you are good friends, you might give him a little break. He may just not be aware of how much Broncos have appreciated.

OP
OP
rydog1130

rydog1130

Sponsor/Vendor
Bronco Guru
If you paid him fair market value, then he should expect to pay the same. I expect he sold it to you because you made the highest offer. If he did, then it would seem fair for him to match the highest offer you receive..... if you are good friends, you might give him a little break. He may just not be aware of how much Broncos have appreciated.

Yeah I paid 8500+$900 to ship it up north to Michigan so it was $9400 total. I told him I'd like to see 14-15 for it. Truck is 90% mechanically sound. I will it admit it needs new bushings and struts. I have the bushing kit just havnt had time to replace them. Has new drum brakes, lines, mc, carb, plugs, dist, and radiator. Runs and stops fine. Would makea great truck to just bomb around town with. If you wanted to make it a DD then obvious disc upfront and go through the wheel bearings.

OP
OP
rydog1130

rydog1130

Sponsor/Vendor
Bronco Guru
few pictures of the rig...floor pans are a little crusty but that's it...
IMG_1562.jpg IMG_1897.jpg

IMG_1558.jpg IMG_1561.jpg

IMG_1898.jpg IMG_1899.jpg

Air Hog

I think dad is nuts thinking this rig is a 30k rig, for the record I didn't set the price of 13.5 to buy it back , I thought what Ryan priced it to me at is fair , I cant see jacking the price up on me after you tell me how much to buy it back for

Attachments

• IMG_4646.jpg
    IMG_4646.jpg
    69.4 KB · Views: 41
OP
OP
rydog1130

rydog1130

Sponsor/Vendor
Bronco Guru
I think dad is nuts thinking this rig is a 30k rig, for the record I didn't set the price of 13.5 to buy it back , I thought what Ryan priced it to me at is fair , I cant see jacking the price up on me after you tell me how much to buy it back for

I know dave and I feel bad. I kinda jumped the gun on that initial offer. I was thinking more with my heart than my head. I wasn't feeling the pressure from my fam at the time until they talked about finances and raising a family. It's my new #1 priorty and I have to do what's best for my new family. The bronco hasn't been sold and like others have said on here "fare market offer is reasonable" I'll still give you first crack at it once I figure out what that is. Once again super sorry man :(

sprdv1

Contributor
REBEL

always happens chief... not much we can do right..