• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Flowmaster or Magnaflow?

68ford

Bronco Guru
Look up Hooker aero Chambers on YouTube. Similar to a flowmasters but a little less tinnie and more deep sounding. Cheaper as well I believe. Drone significantly less than flowmasters
MagnaFlow and flowmasters really have an entire different sound. I think everyone would admit chambered mufflers have more of a desirable sound, the downside is the drone they usual have

bronconut73

Bronco Guru
Look up Hooker aero Chambers on YouTube. Similar to a flowmasters but a little less tinnie and more deep sounding. Cheaper as well I believe. Drone significantly less than flowmasters
MagnaFlow and flowmasters really have an entire different sound. I think everyone would admit chambered mufflers have more of a desirable sound, the downside is the drone they usual have

Read above....
The Delta Series Flowmasters do not drone....

MrT

I took off my Flowmaster 44 and put on a flomasterfx The fx sounded much better and it stainless steel $40 on Amazon. It is a glasspack style so I don't know how long that part will last.

OP
OP
KANE

KANE

Loc.
Pembroke, MA.
Ok I’m gonna throw one more option out there....Magnaflow, what’s your thoughts? I had these on a vette years ago and it sounded perfect! Anyone have them on a Bronco?
Thx!

bronconut73

Bronco Guru
They drone less, driven in multiple vehicles with Delta flows. Single pipe, true duals, H pipe and X pipe. They definitely still drone.

Mine don't.
My eb is still a tin can too; no insulation or carpet yet.

But I still like glass packs.....they just don't last.
Unless you get a rock wool stainless steel case Magnaflow.
I guess rock wool "will eventually " blow out too but I suspect it will last longer than typical fiberglass packing.

nvrstuk

Contributor
Just a Bronco driver for over 50 yrs!
Yes, liked my Magnaflows on my Bronco. no DRONE! Good sound

okorangebrnco

Bronco Guru
Ditched the long tubes and dual Flows for shorties and 2 into 1 Magnaflow. Completely different sound but I really like the droneless rumble tone.

jmangi62

Bronco Guru
I've had them all, over the years, and I gotta say that I'm impressed with borla. Have them on my f150 and love them. I always steered away from them because of the high pricetag. But now I see why. Great product and superior performance and sound. ;D

68ford

Bronco Guru
Drone can be a deal breaker, so that has to be weighed case by case. Some people are willing to deal with some drone for what they feel sounds better. I had magnaflows dumping out before the rear tires and now hooker aerochambers. Drone was same with both. Made no difference. Magnaflows were louder. Perferated tube wrapped in glass mufflers usually all sound very similar and they have more of a "poppy" sound. First video is MagnaFlow 2nd is aerochambers, no other differences.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BUV1UQyFtvU/?igshid=1md971uw2m0iw

https://www.instagram.com/p/B8xXXzkhy5g/?igshid=1800ni40xp9io