• Be EXTREMELY cautious if someone offers to buy your Bronco for more than your asking price and sight unseen. ESPECIALLY if the buyer is overseas. It's probably a scam.

Discuss it more here:
    http://classicbroncos.com/forums/showthread.php?p=514932
  • The Classifieds forum is a place to buy and sell, not an open forum for people to give their opinions on Bronco values. Unless the seller specifically asks for help on pricing, please don't critique quality or asking price. If you're not interested then move on.

Thanks!
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

OK 3 Speed trans setup

Status
Not open for further replies.

irishone

$650 OBO
This is a fresh three speed from a 74 Bronco. Was from a 6 cylinder but adapted to a 302 with proper hardware. Gear box has been gone through. New Clutch, resurfaced flywheel. Back Plate. New Tunnel Cover for shifter. New 302 starter. Duffy wood grained 3 speed floor shifter with linkage. Everything is here to stick in and drive except your Dana 20. These parts collected would cost you over $1450. Ill take $650 or the best reasonable offer. Would be willing to part out if I have to.

https://www.flickr.com/gp/186981131@N07/0Wck7t

new picts added
https://www.flickr.com/photos/186981131@N07/albums/72157713113007386/with/49536920652/

Text me for picts 918-230-5397 Patrick or click link above

excellent shape

Last edited:

thegreatjustino

Contributor
Red Head Grease Monkey
Loc.
Stockton, CA
If you don't mind a question out of curiosity, since the V8 and I6 transmissions had different length main shafts, did you go to the extent of installing a V8 main shaft into an I6 transmission? If not, what do you mean by "adapted to a 302 with proper hardware"

OP
OP
irishone

irishone

Hardware

My transmission guy sourced the proper backplate and bell housing to fit it to my 302. I think it is just a different adapter between the trans and Dana 20.

thegreatjustino

Contributor
Red Head Grease Monkey
Loc.
Stockton, CA
I think it is just a different adapter between the trans and Dana 20.

Doesn't work that way. The output shafts between the two are several inches different in length. The correct adapter needs to be paired with the correct output shaft length.

Sorry for the hijack.

OP
OP
irishone

irishone

good to know

Im not a transmission builder. LOL. This is the way it came off of my 302. Obviously the output shaft must have been changed as well. I will attach pictures in my original post of it still installed in my Bronco.

thegreatjustino

Contributor
Red Head Grease Monkey
Loc.
Stockton, CA
Again, sorry for the hijack, I was just curious what was done since I'd never heard of anyone converting a 6-cyl transmission to a V8 transmission. I was curious about the process to make that work.

OP
OP
irishone

irishone

Not sure myself. Took it to my Bronco Guru and he put it together in a jiffy. I added the pictures of it installed.

Status
Not open for further replies.