• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

rear quarter filler ??

jerrybromley

Contributor
I replaced the rear quarter panels ( rear fenders?) Any way , I have decided to NOT weld the seam solid. I have ALOT of plug welds holding the fender on.
My question is which body filler will work the best on the exterior ? I have read that some are using a seam sealer others are using bondo and still others are using metal or fiberglass re-enforced epoxy. Can any one give me a reason to use any of these ?

doran4x

Contributor
3M fast n firm seal sealer works well for the panel seams.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hopstr

Contributor
Are you trying to fill the seam so it matches the contour of the door or just to seal the inside, leaving the outside like it came from the factory?

needsmoarturbo

I would use seam sealer inside and out. Body filler is asking for trouble I think unless you welded it up solid or somehow sealed it so no water can get to the filler....
Sounds like it's too late for you, but If I ever do this job I intend to use one of the adhesives that also seals the joint instead of welding.

OP
OP
jerrybromley

jerrybromley

Contributor
Thanks for the input . To answer Hpster , I am going to try to contour the exterior . Apparently when I put the rear fenders on I did give the door/rear fender enough consideration and they have more mismatch than I would like. Not in the gaps or anything adjustable . It lies in the shape of the seam from fender to door

OP
OP
jerrybromley

jerrybromley

Contributor
So just bumping this post......Has any one here used short hair fiberglass to fill the area above the rear fender if so did it hold up to normal usage ? ?:?

OP
OP
jerrybromley

jerrybromley

Contributor
Well I decided to use the Duraglass in the seams and it "seems" ;) to have worked well.Time will tell