• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Steering column firewall seal, directions?

tody

I need directions for the steering column seal. Which way does it all go back together?

Firewall --> Seal --> Insulation --> Retainer?

I'm trying to figure out the best way to install everything without too much cutting, especially with a new firewall insulation which I do not want to cut apart too much.

johnbeck

Hi. I reinstalled the column rubber boot and metal circular retainer and screws. Then laid the insulation over the that assembly. That said, I looked long and found an exceptional firewall insulation. It's great quality insulation attached to a formed rubber mat. The holes are already cut. It comes with a cut, foil faced quality piece of insulation that for the top underside full width of the dash(attach it with contact cement). FirewallInsulators ,(QuiteRideSolutions.com). Sold by Jeff'sBroncoGraveyard. One of my favorite purchases. Cut at 9 oclock left at steering column, 4 oclock right most to slip around wires thru firewall.