• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Rear bumper

naneumranch

I know this topic is like beating a dead horse . But someone placed a big stump behind my rear bumper. So I’m in the market for a new one I would like a solid bumper with tire rack. Who out there is building a good solid rock slider style bumper.
Looking for something like this
1f66199720e759b77966f43f0abf991b.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DirtDonk

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Looks like a Hanson with the shackle tabs mounted lower to make room for the light pockets and a Protofab tire carrier.

Is that one of 904Bronco's creations? I seem to remember someone did a hybrid not long ago.

Paul

DirtDonk

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Oh, and when mounted like that, the shackle tabs double as rock-roller mounts!

Paul

my77rox

Curious how hard it is to get the pin in that receiver for quick removal of hitch etc plugged in there? Looks like it would take some acrobatics.
BR

Casey835

Check out the ones Duffs has, they’re pretty nice. Heavy duty, nice welds, and you can get them with many options.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

ntsqd

heratic car camper
Loc.
Upper SoKA
Curious how hard it is to get the pin in that receiver for quick removal of hitch etc plugged in there? Looks like it would take some acrobatics.
BR
This is one of my quandaries. How to build a nice looking bumper with a hidden hitch pin hole that doesn't require acrobatics to R&R the hitch pin.

I think that I'll just convert everything to pintle/lunette and not have a receiver socket or shackle tabs.

SteveL

Huge chevy guy
Loc.
Hawthorne ca
This is one of my quandaries. How to build a nice looking bumper with a hidden hitch pin hole that doesn't require acrobatics to R&R the hitch pin.

When I built my bumpers I did the front receiver all the way in like the picture. Not too bad to get the pin out unless it's the locking type with a key. For a remedy I thought of drilling a vertical hole down and using a grade 8 bolt for a pin. Doing that I was gonna weld a nut on the bottom. I figured it wouldn't be too tough to drill a matching hole in whatever was going in to the hitch. Never got around to doing it but if I used it often it could happen.

txtruk15

Contributor
Loc.
Highland Village, TX
I really like the design of the Logan Metal Works bumper - plus the rear tire carrier can handle the 37" tire easily....

Attachments

• 20180127_110227.jpg
    20180127_110227.jpg
    105.1 KB · Views: 114

DirtDonk

Contributor
Bronco Guru
When I built my bumpers I did the front receiver all the way in like the picture. Not too bad to get the pin out unless it's the locking type with a key. For a remedy I thought of drilling a vertical hole down and using a grade 8 bolt for a pin.

At Hanson we mulled that over too. Just turned out with the small cutouts on the bottom adjacent to the hitch it just was't really all that bad.
Except with some locks, like you said.

Paul

sprdv1

Contributor
REBEL
:(
I know this topic is like beating a dead horse . But someone placed a big stump behind my rear bumper. So I’m in the market for a new one I would like a solid bumper with tire rack. Who out there is building a good solid rock slider style bumper.
Looking for something like this
1f66199720e759b77966f43f0abf991b.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bailie Bilt, but don't understand 'big stump behind" rear bumper :cry::cry:

sprdv1

Contributor
REBEL
At Hanson we mulled that over too. Just turned out with the small cutouts on the bottom adjacent to the hitch it just was't really all that bad.
Except with some locks, like you said.

You were at hanson...? wow :)

ntsqd

heratic car camper
Loc.
Upper SoKA
Never been a fan of the spare carrier where the wheel bolts to it. Right or wrong, my internal FEA says that's a very long lever to attach something as heavy as a spare to. What I built for our CTD so my wife had a prayer of changing the tire (that weighs 90% of what she does) if I was incapacitated.
It was built to attach to the bed in place of the tailgate, but there's no reason that it couldn't be part of a stout bumper.

These are still in build process pics, the obvious details were addressed:

i-hLr73Mv-L.jpg

i-zG3sJzP-L.jpg