• Be EXTREMELY cautious if someone offers to buy your Bronco for more than your asking price and sight unseen. ESPECIALLY if the buyer is overseas. It's probably a scam.

Discuss it more here:
    http://classicbroncos.com/forums/showthread.php?p=514932
  • The Classifieds forum is a place to buy and sell, not an open forum for people to give their opinions on Bronco values. Unless the seller specifically asks for help on pricing, please don't critique quality or asking price. If you're not interested then move on. - Thanks!
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

WY Wyoming

Status
Not open for further replies.

hyghlndr

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Hockessin, Delaware
Here are a few more.

Attachments

• 20190124_114753.jpg
    20190124_114753.jpg
    99.7 KB · Views: 235
  • 20190124_112137.jpg
    20190124_112137.jpg
    164.5 KB · Views: 259

trailerjack

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Central Texas
I said that once before, Okie. Similar to Tacomaworld.....need 50 VALID posts before you can sell in their want ads. Otherwise mods remove the posts altogether. If someone tries to circumvent the rules, they can get banned from the site. Cuts back on the scammers according to that site.

That is how it is on the other forums I am on. 50 substantial posts allows members to post to classifieds.

Wyflyer

Bronco Guru
Ref new users posting for sale.. If the site would allow new users to post pics it would solve some of the problems. It would legitimize the Bronco quickly. We see this over and over.
The 50 posts rule would effectively prevent him/her from ever posting here. A 1 time 1 Bronco seller isn't going to generate 50 posts for the privilege of trying to sell the Bronco here, they'd just move on to Craigslist of Facebook.
in this case, we'd have never seen this U14 unless we were browsing outside CB. These Broncos that are 'out there' are exactly who we want presenting them here first so we get first dibs;)

Rob1962

Bronco Guru
Ref new users posting for sale.. If the site would allow new users to post pics it would solve some of the problems.

Not sure I understand what you're saying. As far as I know, new users have the same right to post pics as do you or I, once they've paid the measley $12 to become a contributor. Don't they?

Pops68

Contributor
Bronco Rookie
Loc.
Bazetta Township
Agree with Rob on contributor status, I think you can sign up day one. Could also post pics using third party, right??

I am not trying to cause trouble - though it may seem that way - the $12 helps to support the site, correct?? Is a $12 investment too much when trying to sell a $9000 vehicle??? .13% of the sale (not 13%, .13%). This isn't the only listing like this either.

I get the one time poster to sell something here, but pictures and location would be a nice start for anyone.

Wyflyer

Bronco Guru
Not sure I understand what you're saying. As far as I know, new users have the same right to post pics as do you or I, once they've paid the measley $12 to become a contributor. Don't they?

Of course you know what i'm saying, but just in case i'll clarify it better.
A new user can't post pics.
A 'contributor' of the "measly $12' can post pics.
Either one can post an text ad.
Now, with that clarified, back to my point.
Why would a single visit user with 1 Bronco to sell be inclined to buy a $12 subscription to a site they don't frequent, may never come back to, with no guarantee they'll sell through? They aren't emotionally attached to CB, don't care that it's for a good cause etc etc..
You suggest someone selling a widget get on the internet and pay 12 bucks to every widget site on the internet? Expose their debit card information to new sites? Not likely with most people.
It's pretty easy to sign up here for a profile then post an ad. It's much more prohibitive to take more steps to pay money to a site you know nothing about. There are many Classic Bronco sites that are low volume sites with crickets chirping with no users. 12 bucks to each one? In addition to all the free sites like Facebook and Craigslist?
Once again, your idea of practical and mine are different.

This comes up repetitively so we go through the same routine. New users (not a contributor) post an ad, the regulars are definitely interested,so a bunch of PM's happen, some pics get sent to individuals who post them up, the Bronco sells, AND it starts a big discussion like this one about ad rules.
So in the end the 12 bucks is still not paid, Jon doesn't starve to death, the regular users still get to see the Bronco pics, and we regurgitate the same old debate.. sheesh..

Rob1962

Bronco Guru
There are many Classic Bronco sites that are low volume sites with crickets chirping with no users.... 12 bucks.... [post your own pics] and the Bronco sells....

Me thinks you just made the best argument why it's worth the 12 measley bucks. ;)

I'll be honest, I don't like free-riders and I especially don't like scamsters that ride for free.... and even more, the consignment guys.

There are plenty of shitty sites one which one can post for free, and there's also sites like facebook which would be a crapshoot, or Craigslist that will get more hits, which you can post for free. But this is a specialty site, with a captive audience and higher probability of buyers. So to me, it should be worth it to a seller to pay the money for the better response of likely buyers, just like it's worth it to you and me to pay.

In economics it's called opportunity cost. You want the better opportunity to sell your bronco, pay $12 measley buck and post your own pics. Why would any seller in their right mind make the people on the best site to sell their bronco have to work to see it? So they can still post on all the free sites and have less potential to sell, or the can invest in their own opportunity.

Like the old adage states: sometimes you gotta spend a little to make a little.

Slowleak

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Georgia
Dang.... Sorry about all about all the drama if you are watching this Cooker. It really is a good site.

Let us, or me, know if it sells.... Thanks

Pops68

Contributor
Bronco Rookie
Loc.
Bazetta Township
NO OFFENSE meant to the original poster or anyone else. Should possibly had been a separate thread under off-topic??? :([

OP
OP
C

cooker

What a bunch of whiney ass holes! Some of you need to get a life. I don't need to sell the bronco. Just thought it should go to a real mechanic that could enjoy the vehicle. Blo me!!!!!!!!!

1sicbronconut

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Can't really blame the guy to some extent, some folks did help but his thread got "dirtied up" by a bunch of chit chat and some unneeded comments. IMHO

Nodrama43

What a bunch of whiney ass holes! Some of you need to get a life. I don't need to sell the bronco. Just thought it should go to a real mechanic that could enjoy the vehicle. Blo me!!!!!!!!!

"LIKE" times 8 million.

signed....

another "free rider"......I joined 10/05/17 and it's threads like this with all this arrogant ignorance that convinced me to keep my money in my pocket.

Back to Facebook marketplace and craigslist I go with my 12.00 in my pocket.

Cooker hope it sells...........

Last edited:

1strodeo

Squirrel Watcher
Loc.
Wisconsin
......I joined 10/05/17 and it's threads like this with all this arrogant ignorance that convinced me to keep my money in my pocket.

Back to Facebook marketplace and craigslist I go with my 12.00 in my pocket.

Are you looking to buy or sell?

At least the whining got you almost 1600 views in a week, funny how that works ;) If it hasn't sold already, good luck

904Bronco

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
San Martin, CA
"The Classifieds forum is a place to buy and sell, not an open forum for people to give their opinions on Bronco values. Unless the seller specifically asks for help on pricing, please don't critique quality or asking price. If you're not interested then move on.

Thanks!"

I don't usually comment on things like this... But some failed to follow the rules and alienated a new member and probably scared off a few others.

This is and has been a very helpful site, a Brotherhood/Sisterhood of like minded people who want others to enjoy all things Bronco... By sharing their knowledge, skills, spare parts, and opinions. Let's not turn into one of those other sites that everyone complains about. My .02.

GLWS Cooker.

redpony

Contributor
Cooker, I just want to take a minute to say Welcome to the forum. Don't let these people chase you way. Wyoming is the best state to live in! THERE ARE MANY GREAT BRONCO OWNERS THERE.

remi1566

70 Bronco for sale

I agree with 904 Bronco, Bronco Junkie and Red Pony one of the reasons I have not been on this site in years is the fact of the same bronco flippers posting on someone for sale post there opinion this is not what the site is for! Cooker good luck with your sale and welcome to the site!!

Status
Not open for further replies.