• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Centach wiring harness diagram

904Bronco

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
San Martin, CA
They don't come with one, which is one of the biggest complaints...

Have a question, enough of us here have installed one a time or two.

OP
OP
snipes243

snipes243

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Huntersville, NC
I remember it didnt have one when i installed it, I was hoping by now someone might have snag one from them.

I wanting to trim some the gauge and charging system wiring down to only the items needed.

904Bronco

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
San Martin, CA
I remember it didnt have one when i installed it, I was hoping by now someone might have snag one from them.

I wanting to trim some the gauge and charging system wiring down to only the items needed.

Dirkdonk has always suggested repurposing the yellow alt wire to power something when it is not used on a G3 or G4 upgrade. Mine is powering my H4 headlight bulbs via a relay. It takes power off the back of the fuse panel and it is protected by a fuseable link. Figuring it must be rated for 60amp load.

Gauge stuff, if not used because... say you have an EFI Guy Explorer harness which you reuse the factory wires... I just terminate them in the engine bay at the weather pack plug. Then I have two wires already run from behind the dash to the engine compartment for future upgrades.

OP
OP
snipes243

snipes243

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Huntersville, NC
Yeah, I pulled the whole harnesses last night, I want to ultimately simplify both my centech and Holley harness together. Then most likely use a Switch-Pros to run the aux circuits like, lights and arb. Tired of wires hanging from under the dash.

c680a918df89861cb1f49991332ed3ad.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DirtDonk

Contributor
Bronco Guru
And you probably know, but don't throw away the old harness just yet. There's almost always some little bit or another that you'd like to re-use on the new one.
The Brake Warning Lamp socket it one common re-used item, but if you're not going to be using that circuit then it's not a big deal.
Just makes sense to keep that pile around though.

Paul

stanz

Loc.
Portland
And you probably know, but don't throw away the old harness just yet. There's almost always some little bit or another that you'd like to re-use on the new one.
The Brake Warning Lamp socket it one common re-used item, but if you're not going to be using that circuit then it's not a big deal.
Just makes sense to keep that pile around though.

Paul

And there’s people like me always looking to patch repair their factory harnesses.

904Bronco

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
San Martin, CA
Ended up having a conversation with Centech Tech guy "Jim" yesterday. I am doing a rewire on a 69 Bronco that has a 2G Alt in it. He said that the yellow Alt wire is good up to 100 amps. The Owner just replaced it (alt) and does not want to upgrade to a 3G. So I will be replacing all the connectors to it with fresh.

OP
OP
snipes243

snipes243

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Huntersville, NC
I talked to the tech yesterday i'm pretty sure it was Jim. But after telling them what I was trying to do and asking for a schematics, so I don't have to trace every single wire. He basically made it sound like they don't even have a schematic for the harness, they just have 11 pages worth of instructions. I really wish years ago, I had spurge and got the painless harness instead.