• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

1966 U13 Roadster Build - from scratch

OP
OP
snowymtnwolf

snowymtnwolf

db54fea22af174f2dc76aed06b204abc.jpg

Where floor boards meet the side kick panels.

A few inches from where your driver side left foot would be —- or —— a few inches from where your passenger right foot would be.

NGABronco

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
N. GA now South Carolina
OK I see what you talking about. It looks like the kick panel is too high but how does the driver side match up? How does the door post fit into the kick panel?
Are the kick panels the same? You could have one mis stamped or maybe it's made that way. I don't have a rig apart to check or measure for ya' sorry.%):eek:%)

OP
OP
snowymtnwolf

snowymtnwolf

Both sides have exactly the same gaps. And everything fits together from door post etc like it should. It’s really confusing. Doesn’t make sense.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

NGABronco

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
N. GA now South Carolina
snowy, I tried to look at mine and it almost looks like your kick panel should move toward the rear of rig?? I'm showing about 4" of flat floor before toeboard. Mine are patched and coated so it's hard to tell if they have that bubble near the bottom. But they seem to be even or past the up bend in the rocker.
Hope that makes sense!!!;D;D;D

Attachments

• IMG_1228.jpg
    IMG_1228.jpg
    222.5 KB · Views: 32
  • IMG_1231.jpg
    IMG_1231.jpg
    140.8 KB · Views: 32
  • IMG_1243.jpg
    IMG_1243.jpg
    118.7 KB · Views: 32

okie4570

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
NW OK
Not sure if this helps or makes it more confusing lol. September 65' build, the surface rust makes it a little difficult to see what we need to see.
20200221_151005_zps0ykeiyif.jpg

20200221_151020_zpsxpe3qnib.jpg

OP
OP
snowymtnwolf

snowymtnwolf

It looks like there’s a 1-2 inch gap between that lip and the floor. Hard to see if that rust is the side or floor. But If its the side then that means there’s a 1-2 inch gap between floor and the lip like mine.

okie4570

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
NW OK
Yeah I'll stick a ruler up there tomorrow. Wish I could see how much is below and how close they are to the reproductions.

sprdv1

Contributor
REBEL
Both sides have exactly the same gaps. And everything fits together from door post etc like it should. It’s really confusing. Doesn’t make sense.

always some kind of weird issue wants to pop up right.. Good luck