• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

NV3550 measurements for hole in tunnel

ford man

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Leesburg Ga
I need to know how big and the dimensions for the hole in the tunnel cover. I have the body off the frame and wanted to see if some one was further along and has already cut out for shifter. Pictures and measurements would be great thanks Brian

whileImhere

I have the measurements for mine. Looking at the flat tunnel cover rectangle, from the front edge, back to the front of the shifter base, it's 5 inches. From the back edge, forward to the rear of the shifter base, it's 5.25 inches. From the edge on the driver's side to the shifter base, it's 2.25 inches, and from the passenger's side edge to the shifter base it's 4.7 inches. My shifter base is about 2.9 inches wide and 3.25 inches long. Hope this helps.

***Disclaimer- my kick panels, rockers, floor pans, and tunnel cover have all been replaced so location of the tunnel cover could be different from yours.***

Last edited:

68Broncoz

Contributor
Here is what I have cut and measured during my restoration with the NV3550 installed.

I have not actually installed the shifter however this is how I cut my floor based on the the videos from Tom's Bronco.

Attachments

• IMG_5932.jpg
    IMG_5932.jpg
    177.1 KB · Views: 33
  • IMG_5933.jpg
    IMG_5933.jpg
    129.9 KB · Views: 31

68Broncoz

Contributor
Here is what I have cut and measured during my restoration with the NV3550 installed.

I have not actually installed the shifter however this is how I cut my floor based on the the videos from Tom's Bronco.

OP
OP
ford man

ford man

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Leesburg Ga
Hey thanks guys that is what I was looking for. I guess using the factory indicator is out of the question? It looks like the sifter for the 3550 takes up some of the transfer case shifter hole. I to saw the video from Toms that you mention "68Bronoz".The measurements will be helpful too "whileImhere" thanks a lot.