• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

At James Duff for 5 years: 1st day Driving My Own Bronco!

rpmgarage22

As the title says:

I have been with James Duff for five years now. In that time, I have had the privilege of learning from the best in the game. And, they even pay me for it!

In the past few years, I have been fortunate to build/revive/correct/refurbish roughly 20 Early Broncos, a few Bronco II's, and a Full Size Bronco through my shop. Thank you to all of my customers, past and present.

You patronage has finally allowed me to own my own Early Bronco (I own BroncLo, too...but the motorcycle crash put him years into the future before I can build him.), MACK the Halfcab (build thread on Classic, as well).

Long story short, TODAY, I got to drive MY OWN BRONCO to work for the first time!

This is a big day for me (personally) and for my shop (professionally). MACK has a way to go before "daily driver" will be accurate. But, I am proud to say that the 23 mile (one way) trip was without issue...EXCEPT:

While waiting to turn left at the second to last red light before work, an IDIOT in a champagne NISSAN Pathfinder (or maybe XTerra) just had to "beat the light" for a right turn. His speed was such that he skidded across three lanes, went up on two wheels, and cam within inches of broadsiding me right in the driver door.

Thankfully, it didn't result in a collision.

The pictures are of MACK, tucked (hopefully) safely away in his parking space at James Duff Inc.

Thank you, again, to everyone who helped make this day happen!

Attachments

• First Day at Work.jpg
    First Day at Work.jpg
    276.3 KB · Views: 277
  • First Day at Work 2.jpg
    First Day at Work 2.jpg
    245.5 KB · Views: 223

kylakekevin

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Congratulations! It's awesome to get to drive them to work and I bet even more so for you.

spap

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Very very cool, you should have come to work in a Jeeps and maybe they would have found you a bronco sooner haaaa still wish duff was out west
Congrats bro

ared77

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Yoo Hoo! Gotta be a good day for you, congrats!;D
Norm

ps - miss mine too.:cry:
IoTkJID.jpg

OP
OP
rpmgarage22

rpmgarage22

Very very cool, you should have come to work in a Jeeps and maybe they would have found you a bronco sooner haaaa still wish duff was out west
Congrats bro

Haha! You may have a point!

But, Suzy keeps a parking spot "out back" just for those types of vehicles!

I'm glad they moved to TN though...it would be a heckuva commute to get to Sequim every day! Of course, Jim would volunteer to come fly me out if he still had his plane!

Remos69

Contributor
Loc.
SW Florida
Congrats!!! Hope your employer gives you a hefty employee discount!!!;). And you save on shipping!!!!!!!

sanndmann3

Bronco Guru
Congrats! Got to be a great feeling ( except the part about almost being broadsided...)
Hope future trips are less eventful...