• Be EXTREMELY cautious if someone offers to buy your Bronco for more than your asking price and sight unseen. ESPECIALLY if the buyer is overseas. It's probably a scam.

Discuss it more here:
    http://classicbroncos.com/forums/showthread.php?p=514932
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

MI 1989 Ford Ranger GT V8 conversion - Complete rolling chassis.

Status
Not open for further replies.

sk1nw4lk3r

This is a 1989 Ford Ranger GT. The truck is overall very solid, with the typical rust they got around the ground effects. All ground effects are present, and aside from a drive train, it is very complete, right down to the original carpet.

The body was removed from the frame, and the frame was media blasted and painted.

If received all new suspension and brakes. The frame is completely redone.

The body is complete, as well as the interior. It has sliding rear window and a moonroof, as well as the origibal bucket seats and console.

The truck has already been set up for a v8 sbf conversion. I have an extra Ford 302 needing a rebuild that I can include with the sale for aj additional fee.

It has a nice set of beadlock wheels with bf Goodrich skins around them.

If nothing else, the frame would make for an excellent candidate for a body swap from another Ranger, or an old Ford f1 or f100 pickup, as this is a fairly common swap to make.

Please feel free to message with any questions. This is a really great start to a cool little truck. Instead of the ones where people throw a maaco paint job on a rusty vehicle to hide it, the underside is already completely done. No surprises here.

Asking 3000 obo.

tU02XsK.jpg

iq3oU7d.jpg

I4mOO3O.jpg

Uag9jY0.jpg

UCtJIqm.jpg

NOS8YYe.jpg

vGa223n.jpg

M2PBvw5.jpg

mBzCK87.jpg

zVX4Vrf.jpg

dntOugy.jpg

OgkERnB.jpg

ePaJAoB.jpg

yjAzXWz.jpg

DTDfBzI.jpg

rvfV968.jpg

8iC9pc0.jpg

qYTZ4dK.jpg

broncosam

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Is the GT package aftermarket? I helped build a whole bunch of Rangers from when they were first introduced until they dropped them from production at our plant and I've never seen or heard of a Ranger GT, and we were still building Rangers in 1989. I ordered a new Ranger in 1989 and followed it through the plant when it was built. If the Ranger GT was a factory option, that's a new one on me.

Crush

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Greenbottom, WV
Yes they were factory but they were only a ground effects and handling package. Same v6 as all the rest. But it definately was factory

OP
OP
S

sk1nw4lk3r

Is the GT package aftermarket? I helped build a whole bunch of Rangers from when they were first introduced until they dropped them from production at our plant and I've never seen or heard of a Ranger GT, and we were still building Rangers in 1989. I ordered a new Ranger in 1989 and followed it through the plant when it was built. If the Ranger GT was a factory option, that's a new one on me.

Yup. Pretty rare- only made a few hundred of them over a 2 year span.

Ground effects, bucket seats and console, 2.3 turbo, manual or auto trans.

Think like an F150 Lightning, minus the engine upgrade.

The first one on this page is a twin to the one I'm selling

https://www.therangerstation.com/articles/ford-ranger-gt-history/

Status
Not open for further replies.