• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

What have you done to your Bronco today?

ObscureMachine

Seatbelt Orifice Officer
Loc.
World Headquarters
Today I cut / chiseled / drilled out everything to get the seat platform removed. Discovered that ButtStank not only filled the door supports with bondo to cover them up, but also filled in rust holes in both door striker posts with bondo! Then painted over them.

The question now is, do I pull the posts, which scares the crap out of me, of get my fab guy to patch it, and patch the bottom of the door supports, which are 90% good?

Anyway, I cleaned out the middle of the floor channels, vacuumed, wire wheeled with 3 different wheels, cleaned it with prep-all, and hit it with self etching primer. I know I might be getting ahead of myself by doing this (knowing metal work is coming. But it just felt good to see rust redeemed.

Note the shirt in the picture!

Attachments

• unnamed (8).jpg
    unnamed (8).jpg
    141.5 KB · Views: 51
  • unnamed.jpg
    unnamed.jpg
    90.7 KB · Views: 50
  • unnamed (2).jpg
    unnamed (2).jpg
    112.4 KB · Views: 58
  • unnamed (6).jpg
    unnamed (6).jpg
    119 KB · Views: 49
  • unnamed (7).jpg
    unnamed (7).jpg
    86.1 KB · Views: 61
  • unnamed (3).jpg
    unnamed (3).jpg
    120.4 KB · Views: 50

rspd505

Contributor
Loc.
Rising Sun, IN
Went from this, to this. First pic was March. Just now welded in floor pan. All floor braces were replaced as well. One side almost done. Then on to other side!

Attachments

• IMG_6233.jpg
    IMG_6233.jpg
    114.6 KB · Views: 47
  • IMG_6234.jpg
    IMG_6234.jpg
    103.7 KB · Views: 58

66broncoCT

Contributor
Loc.
Torrington, CT
No pictures but drove to it work today. A chilly 40 degrees when I left the house, it might be that time of the year to put the soft doors on.

tasker

Contributor
all knowing of nothing
Loc.
NH
half doors and mighty chilly today! might have to step up to a heater! grease and oil after work today as well.....

Attachments

• chilly.jpg
    chilly.jpg
    176.7 KB · Views: 34

1971lubr

Loc.
Cape Coral, FL
Put new headlight switch in to replace the centech supplied switch that burned up after 20 minutes. It's from a 79 Mustang if you ever need to replace btw.
Replaced the led for my right turn indicator, that failed shortly after installing the original...crappy Chinese parts.
Finally installed my WH illuminator harness since I had a working headlight switch.
Swapped my original coil out for a new accel and took it for a drive for free coffee on national coffee day.

Attachments

• FB_IMG_1506707216812.jpg
    FB_IMG_1506707216812.jpg
    115.6 KB · Views: 43

sprdv1

Contributor
REBEL
LOL, nice shirt...

Today I cut / chiseled / drilled out everything to get the seat platform removed. Discovered that ButtStank not only filled the door supports with bondo to cover them up, but also filled in rust holes in both door striker posts with bondo! Then painted over them.

The question now is, do I pull the posts, which scares the crap out of me, of get my fab guy to patch it, and patch the bottom of the door supports, which are 90% good?

Anyway, I cleaned out the middle of the floor channels, vacuumed, wire wheeled with 3 different wheels, cleaned it with prep-all, and hit it with self etching primer. I know I might be getting ahead of myself by doing this (knowing metal work is coming. But it just felt good to see rust redeemed.

ObscureMachine

Seatbelt Orifice Officer
Loc.
World Headquarters
Ground down spot welds. Weld-through primer on anything that needs it (that I can think of)

Cut some more places that won't be needed for floor pan attachment. (bottom of tunnel, etc.)

Started moving things from my "wish list" to my CART at Tom's for my big metal parts order I'm going to pick up next week. ;D ;D ;D:cool: ;)

canzelc

Contributor
Folded the windshield forward.

Attachments

• 20170929_170243.jpg
    20170929_170243.jpg
    142.1 KB · Views: 76
  • 20170929_170229.jpg
    20170929_170229.jpg
    162.7 KB · Views: 53

Wyflyer

Bronco Guru
making a few wiring tweaks on the 72 halfcab project.

Attachments

• IMG_1718.jpg
    IMG_1718.jpg
    145.4 KB · Views: 67

BronCowie

Contributor
Old Timer
Loc.
Vancouver, WA

You go Jim! I'm really glad you're going through this *&^%$# to get your Bronco cleaned up. Great progress!!!

Skiddy

Bronco Guru
threw some floor dry under as I am pretty sure there is no gear oil left in the rear. this doesn't sound good:cry:

Nemisus

Loc.
North Bay, CA
Progress on the 74:

Fired up the Plasma Cutter and removed the driver side smashed rocker and both the right and left cut rear quarters. Now I need to gracefully do some clean up to make room for the new "un-cut" quarters and new rocker as well as drivers side floor pan.

Cheers

Nemi

Skiddy

Bronco Guru
tore the rear apart and re-sealed it, hope that will fix it from leaking.

Wyflyer

Bronco Guru
Got that d****d dash wiring squared away. Ran it awhile, sent a few messages back and forth with EFI Guy about the guages. Ran it on the OBDII Wifi reader and watched engine behavior on my Iphone App.
Next is to wire the EFI wires to the Painless bulkhead fitting before final dash install.

Slednut10

Contributor
Guru? That's funny!
Drove it on the trail......and had a blast;D

Attachments

• IMG_1071.jpg
    IMG_1071.jpg
    141.5 KB · Views: 51
  • IMG_1072.JPG
    IMG_1072.JPG
    266.7 KB · Views: 51
  • IMG_1073.JPG