• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

What have you done to your Bronco today?

mofoco1

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Clovis, CA
Thx Miikee, I filled the MC to let it gravity feed over night and started finding the leaks right off the bat. I gotta get a new car cover, the one from WH is fried after a year and is now leaving a powdery residue from the dried out waterproofing. Hope it ain't toxic cause the damn things made in China:mad: It got the entire engine compartment covered in a superfine dusting of this stuff. Need to find another and dump this one it's even ripping at the back top corner.

pipermike

I replaced the exhaust gaskets on my headers. No more leaks! Sounds much nicer now as well. I can't get over how well the PB Blaster works...

svobronco

Contributor
drove it yesterday and today to work.....a balmy 38 this morning. Keep holding on to hope of a weak winter!

Not liking that "weak winter" comment!

And when I say "put up for the winter" I mean, fueled up and ready go out wheelin in the snow if we get a 2' dumping.;D

Chief Master Sergeant

Contributor
Retired U.S. Air Force
Sandblasted a set of stock exhaust manifolds. Painted them with high temp paint and hope it holds up.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

darkmagus

Hey dark. Saw your bronco..nice! I bought mine a few months back in ft. Collins, has the me dr. Side mirror, i think?Do you know what it's from? I pulled mine off and attached was a long adjusting mech. That was hangin in my door. Don't think I'm puttin it back on so if u want a replacement ,it's yours for cost of shipping, did you weld up your family cage?

I'm not sure what the mirrors are from. My dad put them on there about 30 years ago. I'm pretty sure he bought them from a catalog when he got the half cab that used to be on it. Mine don't have any adjustment cables though. Thanks for the offer but I'm planning on getting some original style mirrors to put on it.

bronconut73

Bronco Guru
Sandblasted a set of stock exhaust manifolds. Painted them with high temp paint and hope it holds up.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Stick them in the oven for awhile while the wife isn't looking. You'll get a better finish out of your paint and of course complete the cure for true high temp duty. You might get some funny stares from the odor.
Wait this may be toxic....maybe you should just put them on the engine and heat cycle them a few times. Haha

Revelation

Bronco Guru
Loaded it on a trailer( I have joined the trailer crew) and towed it to Perry with the F150, Dang that Ecoboost loves to tow! Unloaded it tonight and went for a ride, about 7 miles from the house throttle cable snapped, oops off to Advance, new cable, 5 min. Rolling again!
Ran across a guy with a set of 35's on some not so bad rims that wants to trade for the tires and wheels i have on my Bronco, Guess I will have 35's by the end of the week.

Deano

Bronco Guru
I put the cheby heater fan in my stocker and it's nice. Twice the air moving that's for sure!

mofoco1

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Clovis, CA
Carb was completely dry of fuel. Cranked it 2x then shot a blast of starter fluid and it cranked over. Never died but is running super rich. Shut it down though when we saw a water leak. I bought these really nice and $$$ SS T-bar style hose clamps, super HD but you have to be exact in the size you buy as they are not infinite like a worm and roller style. Well 2 of the clamps appeared tight but they are at their closing limit, and they leaked. Replaced temporarily with some regular clamps. Shortened the cables on the throttle cable and kickdown cable. Will have to make a support bracket to keep the cable bracket from turning( as it did and the carb is tightened down as far as I feel comfortable in torquing it). I am going to be pushing it tomorrow as I still have to work, then come home and take the brakelines off and try and fix the calipers so they don't leak.

JSmall

Bronco Guru
Just finished wiring in the weatherpacks to make my dash removable with the wiring attached. The dash is back in and I'm back on the road. Stoked!!

E89921E8-9714-42DB-A760-6E0B437D9E85-6800-00000798CBB828A0.jpg

matt w

Bronco Guru
Went touring in Anza for Bronco Daze today!;D...TWO MORE DAZE LEFT!;D

Attachments

• bronco daze.jpg
    bronco daze.jpg
    110.7 KB · Views: 29

mofoco1

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Clovis, CA
Put away under a tearing cover for a few days. i had it on my driveway and got warned not to have it out as it is Nonop So it resides in back caged like the refugees on The walking DeaD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
i1350_IMG664.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

JSmall

Bronco Guru
Headed to Medford to pick up a new car with some friends. Wish Tom's was open on Saturdays.

miikee73

Shadetree Guru
Loc.
Aloha
Headed to Medford to pick up a new car with some friends. Wish Tom's was open on Saturdays.

In the Bronco? Still waiting for some good pics of that beautiful dash.Weatherpacks were a good idea.One of many you've had.

JSmall

Bronco Guru
In the Bronco? Still waiting for some good pics of that beautiful dash.Weatherpacks were a good idea.One of many you've had.

Thanks Mike! Now that I have the dash in and all of the wiring finished up, I have some final touches to do and then I'll take some nice pics.

I'm not driving down in the Bronco this time. I really wanted to stop in today and look at their seat options. On the plus side, I might be able to pick up my twin stick from JB Fab on the way back through Salem.

tasker

Contributor
all knowing of nothing
Loc.
NH
put my project in my garage to hopefully get some work done this winter. Took my 73 for a rip in the woods to get me amped up!

Attachments

• bocci come home 009.jpg
    bocci come home 009.jpg
    178.3 KB · Views: 38

Revelation

Bronco Guru
Started installing my Tube doors, them sister need some electrical work, finished that up and back onto the doors, Got one on, tomorrow the other.

Attachments

• Fort White-20121117-00266.jpg
    Fort White-20121117-00266.jpg
    97.8 KB · Views: 24