• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Fuel sending unit wiring

mfluke

I replaced my arm float sending unit with a vertical one that I bought on here as I think others have. My old one had one wire that must run to gauge. The new one has a brown and blue wire. I tried hooking each wire to the one that I cut seperately, and other wire grounding and not, nothing. Where do the two go? Thanks

DirtDonk

Contributor
Bronco Guru
The original ones had two wires (power and ground) and the aftermarket ones should still have two wires, even if there is only one connection. The power goes to that connection and the ground goes to one of the attaching bolts and from there to the frame or body.

Don't know about yours unfortunately. What brand is it? And Brown & Blue, eh? Odd combination, but probably matches what some big European manufacturer uses.
When you tested them by hooking up wires to each one, was there gas in the tank? If the sender is still down at the bottom of it's travel then you would not see anything at the gauge.
If it's still accessible, try an ohm-meter while you move the float up and down. Or just turn it upside down if you can't manually move the floaty thingy.

If you know what brand it is, maybe you can access some online instructions.
If it looks like ours you should be able to use the M1A1 instructions to make the connections.
Of course, if like you say others here have bought the same one, then someone with information that's actually usable should pipe up soon!;)%)

Good luck.

Paul

toddz69

Sponsor/Vendor
Bronco Guru
I replaced my arm float sending unit with a vertical one that I bought on here as I think others have. My old one had one wire that must run to gauge. The new one has a brown and blue wire. I tried hooking each wire to the one that I cut seperately, and other wire grounding and not, nothing. Where do the two go? Thanks

If you got one of hylndr's units, blue goes to gauge and brown goes to ground per a comment in this thread:

https://classicbroncos.com/forums/showthread.php?t=303479&page=4

Todd Z.