• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

A gift for our vendors and local shops

PickleJar

My wife and I the last few years have tried to stick with buying local when it comes to Christmas gifts and life in general tbh. Even if it's not technically a family owned business, people in our community work there and need that job. That being said, I got to thinking, and if this has been done in the past, or someone else usually starts this up sorry if I'm stepping on toes, thats not my intention.

I thought with how current conditions have affected some businesses it would be cool if we all just made a purchase from one of our lovely vendors and or a local establishment during the months of November and December. I don't care if its a pack of valve stem caps or a full EFI set up. Over the next 2 months make a purchase and help support the people that keep our treasures alive.

When I think of our Bronco vendors I am alway a bit wowed, they started a business in a very niche market, that takes courage. Most people aren't willing to gamble like that, and without them and how they have expanded we wouldn't be able to fix our Broncos.

When it comes to locals, I always either go to my family owned Napa, or a true mom and pop parts store and hardware. Their prices are higher, but the service and knowledge I get are irreplaceable. I have 3 other parts stores and 2 hardwares I could go to for cheaper prices, but they don't have knowledge and service, and tbh, some of the parts are cheap. No offense we all need a job but its usually a bunch of high school kids making minimum wage that don't get trained and have to use tech support to figure out what you need. Rock Auto is amazing but I ordered my brush guard for my daily through my local mom and pop shop. Same thing, just more money, but they get my money, not rock auto.

Don't get me wrong I get things here and there from other places. The point I'm trying to make is if we lose these people we lose more than just a parts supplier, we lose knowledge and service. Plus we hurt people that live right here in our communities.

Anyway in support of all the people who make our projects do able, make a purchase some time over the next couple months. If you want to keep this thread alive post up what you purchased. Ill be sharing my purchases from next week when I place the order. And Ill be picking up my frame paint products from my locals next week as well when I get my blasted and primed frame back.

Wishing everyone the best during the Holiday Season, and good luck with all of our projects.

tasker

Contributor
all knowing of nothing
Loc.
NH
ALREADY have and will always continue to support our great vendors! Remember the donations they give to a wide variety of events? always say thank you and remember that when it is time to spend the dollars that keeps them in business!!

gnsteam

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Lincoln NE
I totally agree. Buying local is alway my first approach. Working on orders to three of our Bronco venders in the next few weeks.

74 Bronco Billy

Contributor
Yep, went to WH swap meet and bought a lot of stuff. Rather they stick around. But there's a couple things I'd like for Xmas that they don't carry, so I will give Mrs. Clause a list on Dec 1st and hopefully I'll forget by xmas what was on it

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Tiko433

Contributor
I know just enough to be dangerous
Loc.
South West Florida
They are my first go to all the time. I’m about to load a wish list cart for Christmas...

sprdv1

Contributor
REBEL
Great idea, I'll make sure to do that myself

My wife and I the last few years have tried to stick with buying local when it comes to Christmas gifts and life in general tbh. Even if it's not technically a family owned business, people in our community work there and need that job. That being said, I got to thinking, and if this has been done in the past, or someone else usually starts this up sorry if I'm stepping on toes, thats not my intention.

I thought with how current conditions have affected some businesses it would be cool if we all just made a purchase from one of our lovely vendors and or a local establishment during the months of November and December. I don't care if its a pack of valve stem caps or a full EFI set up. Over the next 2 months make a purchase and help support the people that keep our treasures alive.

When I think of our Bronco vendors I am alway a bit wowed, they started a business in a very niche market, that takes courage. Most people aren't willing to gamble like that, and without them and how they have expanded we wouldn't be able to fix our Broncos.

When it comes to locals, I always either go to my family owned Napa, or a true mom and pop parts store and hardware. Their prices are higher, but the service and knowledge I get are irreplaceable. I have 3 other parts stores and 2 hardwares I could go to for cheaper prices, but they don't have knowledge and service, and tbh, some of the parts are cheap. No offense we all need a job but its usually a bunch of high school kids making minimum wage that don't get trained and have to use tech support to figure out what you need. Rock Auto is amazing but I ordered my brush guard for my daily through my local mom and pop shop. Same thing, just more money, but they get my money, not rock auto.

Don't get me wrong I get things here and there from other places. The point I'm trying to make is if we lose these people we lose more than just a parts supplier, we lose knowledge and service. Plus we hurt people that live right here in our communities.

Anyway in support of all the people who make our projects do able, make a purchase some time over the next couple months. If you want to keep this thread alive post up what you purchased. Ill be sharing my purchases from next week when I place the order. And Ill be picking up my frame paint products from my locals next week as well when I get my blasted and primed frame back.

Wishing everyone the best during the Holiday Season, and good luck with all of our projects.

bronconut73

Bronco Guru
Hell I'm on line at Duff Tuff once a month.

Hello my name is Steve and I have an eb accessory addiction.

svastano

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Pulaski, PA
I just received 2 of the 3 orders I placed over the weekend. I have always tried to buy from the vendors here. Makes a lot of sense to support them.