• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Eibach shock absorbers

abn373

Contributor
Loc.
Charleston, SC
My back ordered Eibachs show up a couple weeks ago. Not looking forward to the install tonight. Front and rear need to be installed.

My rear (OEM mount) came tied with 550 cord, and as luck would have it, the left side was tied at the exact right height. the right was off a 1/2" so I just put High lift jack on the bumper and raised the frame an inch, and a floor jack under the axle and had my kid very slowly raise the axle and it slid right on. then I cut the para cord and done. the fronts I did first and they werent tied and were fully extended from Eibach and I had to clown around with them for hours,

*** If I was to do it again, I would take precise measurements of the top and bottom mount bolt holes and with a buddy I would compress all of them, while they are off the truck, and tie them with 550 cord and they should drop right in. The way the shocks are designed, there are places to tie off without using the shock eyes

ngsd

Contributor
Bronco Guru
I talked to Duff's today. The ones I need (8212) cant ship until October. Now to decide do I wait or look for other options.....

englewoodcowboy

Lick Creek Restorations
They have updated the packaging and the shocks are now shipping bound. They have a clever knot they use so you can ease off the tension to install them. Guys, they read the comments and love them and the new packaging is a direct testament to the desire to make the best there is and it shows.

gnsteam

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Lincoln NE
I got my shocks installed tonight. It was challenging for sure. At the fronts, I installed the upper bolt leaving it loose. The I used a bottle jack with a piece of wood to compress the shock until it was above the radius arm. The T-Rex arms are flat on top. Once on top the arm it slid right into the mount. A slight lift with a large screwdriver to alien the bolt hole. At the rear I installed the upper eye on the factory mount leaving it loose. Then I used my floor jack with a piece of wood to create a flat surface. Once the Shock was compressed higher than the mount. I slid the shock forward on the wood into the mount. Then I used a tapered punch to alien the hole for the bolts.

Once I worked out my plan of attack. It only took about a hour and a half to install them. A few more loose end to tie up before I can go for a test drive. Tomorrow I hope.

Rox Crusher

Bronco Guru
I got my shocks installed tonight. It was challenging for sure. At the fronts, I installed the upper bolt leaving it loose. The I used a bottle jack with a piece of wood to compress the shock until it was above the radius arm. The T-Rex arms are flat on top. Once on top the arm it slid right into the mount. A slight lift with a large screwdriver to alien the bolt hole. At the rear I installed the upper eye on the factory mount leaving it loose. Then I used my floor jack with a piece of wood to create a flat surface. Once the Shock was compressed higher than the mount. I slid the shock forward on the wood into the mount. Then I used a tapered punch to alien the hole for the bolts.

Once I worked out my plan of attack. It only took about a hour and a half to install them. A few more loose end to tie up before I can go for a test drive. Tomorrow I hope.

This is what I did too. You will love these shocks !

gnsteam

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Lincoln NE
No shipping till October! Ugh

Wow, that’s a long wait.%) I order my setup in April. Receiving the kit in late May, minus the rear shocks. The shocks arrive in late July. I sure hope you get them sooner.

abn373

Contributor
Loc.
Charleston, SC
Did some light 4wheeling today with new shocks. Amazing! I didnt go crazy bc it was just test run and we were the only vehicle. Terrain was South Carolina sandy dirt soil, a lot of washboard and a TON of muddy ruts. No rocks and not anywhere there was much suspension flex, so I just wanted to be clear on what I was driving on (tires not aired down).
The truck felt in control at all times. At times I was going pretty quick and my back end didnt feel squirlley or jittery. My backend is fairly light with no soft top and a fg tub.
I am impressed with them so far.

Attachments

• 137968.jpg
    137968.jpg
    220.9 KB · Views: 40

ngsd

Contributor
Bronco Guru
i was pleasantly surprised today and got four in the mail. They were backordered until October I was told but they showed up! I like those kind of surprises. Thanks Duff!