• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Vacation to Vegas & CA (WH visit)

txtruk15

Contributor
Loc.
Highland Village, TX
If you want to see the west fly into vegas then go to saint George Utah then north to Moab on the way see Bryce and Zion then Moab, south to 4 corners then down to Grand canyon then west to cali and north to mammoth, lake tahoe, Bodie then west through truckee and then to the coast and up north through the redwoods and up to wild horses. Throw away your kids luggage since they will grow out of it anyway and pack a pair of corner guards for your Bronco and fly home. Know nothing above frisco so other will have to advise. Skip frisco it just a pain in the arse.

Or at least bring an empty suitcase (largest size) so you can pack it with parts and send it home...

sprdv1

Contributor
REBEL
Group,

I know a lot of you are from this area and I am trying to plan a vacation for my family. Here is what I have so far, flying into Vegas. Do Vegas, Hoover dam, and make it out to Grand Canyon. From there we are headed west and would like to do Sequoia National forest and definitely want to stop at Wild Horses just to check it out. May be meet some of the guys I have talked to on the phone ordering parts. Meeting Mitch and seeing his rig would be awesome! Also are considering going to the redwood forest and then fly back home to PA from Sacramento. Any other ideas what to see /do?

Enjoy as much as you can I say...

sprdv1

Contributor
REBEL
And speaking of flying in... Did you already make your rental car reservations? If not, it might be too late! Definitely pre-order any rentals, as they're in short supply (and expensive) in many places already, even before people are fully back up and traveling.

definitely got to stay on top of them reservations out there in la la land

OP
OP
svastano

svastano

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Pulaski, PA
Well, We did reserve a car, Not too bad just under 90 a day.
As for the Pizza truck. Might try that.
As for the Suitcase idea, Probably cheaper to have WH ship than to carry it on the plane! 30 fr the 1st case and 40 for any more than that!

DirtDonk

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Great! Don't forget to PM Jim member WILDHORSES to give them the heads-up.
After all, just wouldn't do to get there to find the store "closed for inventory" or "closed for company Rubicon trip" (or closed for a meat binge at Fogo de Chao!) or whatever. Right?;)

Paul

Rustytruck

Bronco Guru
Poor kids, daddy's going to spend all their vacation money at the Bronco shop. hopefully they can still find a thriftys and get an ice cream. should have went there at the end of the vacation and not the beginning. is wildhorses on the national register of must see places?
Have a great time.

DirtDonk

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Well that sucks! Not for you of course, since this should be a great trip. But while I was planning to be there and say howdy when you got into town, I just remembered that I'm hosting a street party in my neighborhood that day (yes, a Tuesday, because it's National Night Out) so won't be able to be in Lodi after all.
Well bummer in the summer and crapola!

Sorry I'll miss meeting you. Have a great trip.
Be ready with your best smiles in case Mitch wants to put you in a new WH video!

Paul

gnsteam

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Lincoln NE
I was in WH's area back in May but could not make a stop. Always a good experience in previous visits. Wishing you safe travels.

OP
OP
svastano

svastano

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Pulaski, PA
Group,

I just wanted to let you know that my family and I stopped by WH this afternoon and I got to meet Jim and Mitch in person and they spent over an hour and a half with us. What a great group of people there and a huge facility. This is in my opinion the best customer service I could ever get! I know where I will get my stuff from now on. Thanks again to all the WH staff and especially Jim, his wife and Mitch. Also the restaurant that they recommended Pietros was fantastic.

Rustytruck

Bronco Guru
glad you had a great time. maybe some day I can take a drive up there.

DirtDonk

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Great to hear. Glad you had a good time and a good tour. And a good meal too!
Hope you all get to travel through again sometime.

Where to now?

Paul

Rustytruck

Bronco Guru
Carry allot of water if you go through death valley. make sure you top of gas before you go through death valley, you don't want to have to stop for gas in Furnace creek. if you do, you wont have any money for Vegas. After you get through death valley go to Baker. the Mad Greek is decent for food and a must stop at the alien jerky place for the kids and maybe you too. Watch out for cops on the down hill run going into Stateline when you come out of Baker. Have a safe trip.

sprdv1

Contributor
REBEL
Group,

I just wanted to let you know that my family and I stopped by WH this afternoon and I got to meet Jim and Mitch in person and they spent over an hour and a half with us. What a great group of people there and a huge facility. This is in my opinion the best customer service I could ever get! I know where I will get my stuff from now on. Thanks again to all the WH staff and especially Jim, his wife and Mitch. Also the restaurant that they recommended Pietros was fantastic.

Awesome.. we knew you would :)

sprdv1

Contributor
REBEL
Great to hear. Glad you had a good time and a good tour. And a good meal too!
Hope you all get to travel through again sometime.

Where to now?

follow the grand highways and by ways.. :)

OP
OP
svastano

svastano

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Pulaski, PA
Well back from our trip! What a great time! Vegas was really disappointing. I remember the Vegas from 21 years ago and just not the same. Couple of photos from WH.

Attachments

• DSC_0290.jpg
    DSC_0290.jpg
    99.2 KB · Views: 18
  • DSC_0292.jpg
    DSC_0292.jpg
    109.3 KB · Views: 16