• Be EXTREMELY cautious if someone offers to buy your Bronco for more than your asking price and sight unseen. ESPECIALLY if the buyer is overseas. It's probably a scam.

Discuss it more here:
    http://classicbroncos.com/forums/showthread.php?p=514932
  • The Classifieds forum is a place to buy and sell, not an open forum for people to give their opinions on Bronco values. Unless the seller specifically asks for help on pricing, please don't critique quality or asking price. If you're not interested then move on.

Thanks!
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

AZ Dana 30 Axle

Status
Not open for further replies.

JKH67302

Contributor
Dana 30 without spindles, 3.50 gear set. Pick up only. $150.00

OP
OP
JKH67302

JKH67302

Contributor
Make me an offer...

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

redpony

Contributor
What is the big deal with the Dana 30 FRONT ends? I do know that Ford did replace them with the Dana 44. Thanks Please let me know.

SteveL

Huge chevy guy
Loc.
Hawthorne ca
They work ok with stock tires and mild off roading. The common thought is if you're breaking or wearing out parts on a 30 your money is better spent upgrading to a 44 than fixing it. Theres a couple guys on here that love their dana 30s. One of em came and got mine for a spare when I upgraded the 66.

ngsd

Contributor
Bronco Guru
That sums it up. For a lot of these street restoration projects they may be used but as you said if you have to replace it why not upgrade.

redpony

Contributor
Have A 44 on the floor. Having front end work. The time is now ? Thanks.

Gupster88

Contributor
Guppy
Loc.
Tillamook OR
Nothing wrong with the 30. Ol man ran the snott out of them in the mud and the beach sand with 32s and 33s for years and never repaired or replaced one. Unless you are going to do some real extreme 4x4in. They hold up just fine. Is the 44 stronger and more sought after. Yes . My two cents.

OP
OP
JKH67302

JKH67302

Contributor
Totally agree. I had this 30 for 17 years (presumably since 67 in this Bronco). It's been down some pretty nasty trails with 33s. It was all I had so I ran it. Recently I ran into a 44 and 9inch combo with matching gears, so I went for it. Obviously a 44 is better, but a Dana 30 is fine for a lot of folks and 5+ years ago I would have jumped on a spare axle for parts. We could have this same conversation for a lot of components on these Broncos. So, does anyone actually want this thing to live in there backyard? Haha!

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Gupster88

Contributor
Guppy
Loc.
Tillamook OR
Sorry. I have two spare 30s already all rebuilt with 4:11s converted to disc brakes waiting for there turn to be installed. Good luck with you sale tho.

Status
Not open for further replies.