• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Some nights.....

Allen_69

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Sugar Grove Pa
Just had to vent

Putting a 4 bbl intake on my 351. Front drivers side bolt snaps. Sure enough flush with the head. Drill the remaining bolt down enough to get an easy out in and guess what? Yup. It snaps too. Now. Do I tear the head off so I can get it on the drill press or just keep drilling and helicoil it. I wonder why I keep trying easy outs. I've never had one work. Who knows. This may end up with a set of new aluminum edelbrock heads before it's all said and done

yakelys69

Yep you said it, sometimes thats just how it goes. I've got no advice on the best route, someone will though.

rydog1130

Sponsor/Vendor
Bronco Guru
sometimes we get signs to throw in the towel.... I usually ignore the first two and end up where your at....hope tomorrow is better!

JGbronc

Bronco Maniac
sometimes we get signs to throw in the towel.... I usually ignore the first two and end up where your at....hope tomorrow is better!

^ This. If things seem to be going every way but right, it's best to call it a day before it gets worse.

triracer67

Contributor
Just think about the great times you will have driving your EB! Part of the challenge is overcoming all the curve-balls old vehicles present. The good times will pull you through the bad times.

OP
OP
Allen_69

Allen_69

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Sugar Grove Pa
Going to have to pull the head to drill this out. So I'm going to have to replace the head gasket. Should I do the other head too? Any issues doing one?

77Bronco636

You mentioned earlier about getting some new heads.....sounds like a good time as any to "upgrade" :)
Whenever I get knee deep in crap on one of my trucks I try to upgrade what I'm working on if I have the time and money to do so. I blew the rear end out of my 75 Bronco 18 months ago, I rebuilt it the way I wanted to (Detroit Locker, 31 spline axels, nodular 3rd member, etc...) and now I have confidents in it (until I break the next peice) and then I'll upgrade that. If you have the time and coin, it maybe time to upgrade, or just do the one side (no issues with doing this) and then this winter can do your updgade.....
Good luck with your truck and dont give up!!!!;)

OP
OP
Allen_69

Allen_69

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Sugar Grove Pa
You mentioned earlier about getting some new heads.....sounds like a good time as any to "upgrade" :)
Whenever I get knee deep in crap on one of my trucks I try to upgrade what I'm working on if I have the time and money to do so. I blew the rear end out of my 75 Bronco 18 months ago, I rebuilt it the way I wanted to (Detroit Locker, 31 spline axels, nodular 3rd member, etc...) and now I have confidents in it (until I break the next peice) and then I'll upgrade that. If you have the time and coin, it maybe time to upgrade, or just do the one side (no issues with doing this) and then this winter can do your updgade.....
Good luck with your truck and dont give up!!!!;)

No chance of giving up. Plenty of other things to do. In fact today was a bit of a milestone. It’s back to a roller. Finished the rear disc install and rolled it out of the barn to clean up.
6f049a765f26f031cfe41937ad943ef3.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk