• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Will Super Celebration Go On?

Scoop

Contributor
Have Bronco, Will Travel
Loc.
Cuchara, CO
The local communities are forcing these cancellations and reschedules. Let's not blame Bronco Driver Magazine (or LEBC, or Bronco Safari, or . . . ) It's out of their hands folks.

kylakekevin

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Yep My hotel( River Breeze) just called and pushed my reservation back to May 13-16th but doesn't look like Ill make that at this point. It is on the same weekend as another engagement.

Scoop

Contributor
Have Bronco, Will Travel
Loc.
Cuchara, CO
Just cancelled my reservations at Big Meadow RV Park. Deposit was non-refundable but transferrable to a new reservation for 1 year. I told them to just keep the deposit - they are going to be hurting with all these cancellations.

FRANKO289

Contributor
Bronco enthusiast
the way its going now ....
I rather make sure employees get paid for as long as possible then me attending any 2020 bronco events and or me spending on unnecessary stuff !

the way I see this now ....even iffff we get the epidemic under control in the next 2 weeks ( my guess No way .. Not a chance ?! )
the economy will not rebound for months !?

just my opinion I could be wrong !!!

GL everyone !

okie4570

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
NW OK
I rather make sure employees get paid for as long as possible then me attending any 2020 bronco events and or me spending on unnecessary stuff !

the way I see this now ....even iffff we get the epidemic under control in the next 2 weeks ( my guess No way .. Not a chance ?! )

GL everyone !

Agreed, that's all pretty realistic imo.

sprdv1

Contributor
REBEL
I wouldn't doubt it brother :(

GL everyone !

BluebroncoNC

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Asheville, NC
I seriously doubt Graduations will occur, every school and university around me, shut down for the remained of the semester. Not sure how you can graduate anyone without course completions.

However, I live close, Townsend is an hour and a half drive if I go slow. IF the date holds Ill be there. Finally, not on my Alumni weekend (though it was cancelled as well).

englewoodcowboy

Lick Creek Restorations
It stinks the dates were moved but I know they were out of necessity. Most of the hotels and rentals in town are not charging to move dates if they are available nor are any of them that I have dealt with withholding deposits etc. due to the nature of the cancellation. The house we had rented is unfortunately already booked on the new dates weekend so we had to make a plan B to find a place to stay. Most of the campgrounds are moving reservations forward and are still limited space (our plan B is now to bring the RV's) but there is some availability. I know some will not be able to ,make the new dates but keep in mind, this is not something Tom or Donna wanted to do. Second guessing them on this is counterintuitive and needs to slack off. They do provide an outstanding venue. Keep calm, stay healthy and Bronco On. See you guys in May!

Teal68

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Inlet Beach
I totally understand why they moved it. Lots of businesses will be closed and many people wouldn’t come anyway. Plus it was probably a matter of time until the state forced it.

I got fortunate and got the week off again. So if I can work out a babysitter situation while the wife is at work I’m still in.

Jimmy,
Kerri and I won't be able to make it so don't bring the bumper unless you have another buyer. I'm totally okay with you selling it to someone else. Otherwise, maybe we run into each other in Heflin.
Thanks,
Tyler

FordFarmer

Contributor
I go to an air show in FL every spring and have never been to a SC. For the first time since owning my Bronco I’ve been able to get both weeks off. They’ve both been moved to May. Go figure.

DJ 73 Bronco

I was camping in Townsend this week and the guy running the campground said that he was told the broncos were put off until fall. Has anyone else heard this?