• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Bronco Hut headers + 4r70w

67 Halfcab

I did a search, but can't find a definite "yes" or "no". Does the stock 4r70w dipstick/fill tube work with the Bronco Hut shorty headers?

Thanks!

Viperwolf1

Contributor
electron whisperer
Explorer dipstick is fine. Dipstick to hood clearance may be another matter with a stock hood and no body lift.

Viperwolf1

Contributor
electron whisperer
I should say that is with a 351W. Not real sure about a 302 because the headers will be closer to the trans.

fishinman78

Contributor
I have the explorer 5.0/4r70w/Broncohut headers and I am using the factory dipstick and tube with a bit of rebending. Works good. I do have a 1" body lift

jonpblewis@yaho

Loc.
San Diego, CA
Short answer is yes. I have that set up. I did decide to bail on the factory dipstick for the Lokar flexible one which works much better imo.

Broncobowsher

Total hack
I ran a mustang AOD-e dipstick and tube. Reworked the tab a little since it bolted to the head and made it bolt to the bellhousing.

nvrstuk

Contributor
Just a Bronco driver for over 50 yrs!
x2 what Broncobowsher did...couldn't justify a hundred bucks for a dipstick. Been running the AOD dipstick trouble free for 8+ years...good option

OP
OP
67 Halfcab

67 Halfcab

My set of BH ceramic shorties will be delivered on Thursday. I will report my personal fitment after they are installed. :cool:

For the record, my combination is '89 Mustang 5.0, '99 Explorer 4r70w with stock trans fill/dipstick tube, 2" body lift, and WH Extreme engine mounts.

Thanks for all of the replies!