• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Stock bumper spare tire carrier...

Ro_Ja Boy

Bump for this beauty. Would have made my life easier if it had come out months ago, but such is life...

FordFarmer

Contributor
Would be great if you guys post up some pictures of this thing all mounted up with your spare as you receive them and get’em installed. I’m curious how it looks with smaller stock sized tires.

Rox Crusher

Bronco Guru
On the Duck is a 35". Yes the smaller diameter tire the more of the bumper you will see however the carrier does hold the tire a little lower so it frees up that little space in the rear view mirror.

1) in addition to sitting slightly lower than stock location, does it also sit a little further to the right ? I like that it allows a bigger tire without impeding visibility out the back window.

2) would you say the carrier mounting would be strong enough to allow using the receiver hitch as a retrieval point ?

markatherton

Sponsor/Vendor
Bronco Guru
tire carrier

Just put one of these on Nix Tricks "Ivy". Fantastic product... Mark in San Diego; Beach City Broncos

Attachments

• tire carrier.jpg
    tire carrier.jpg
    75.1 KB · Views: 179

Ro_Ja Boy

Did you test fit before painting and was there anything needed to fit? Can't imagine installing twice.

markatherton

Sponsor/Vendor
Bronco Guru
rack

I did not test fit it and everything was in the installation kit; It is easier with two people.

OP
OP
englewoodcowboy

englewoodcowboy

Lick Creek Restorations
1) in addition to sitting slightly lower than stock location, does it also sit a little further to the right ? I like that it allows a bigger tire without impeding visibility out the back window.

2) would you say the carrier mounting would be strong enough to allow using the receiver hitch as a retrieval point ?

I am working on an upgrade to make it more robust for retrieval. We have concerns with liability for the upgrade until I finish testing it but that is a focus point of what I am working on.

OP
OP
englewoodcowboy

englewoodcowboy

Lick Creek Restorations
Just put one of these on Nix Tricks "Ivy". Fantastic product... Mark in San Diego; Beach City Broncos

That is a fantastic bronco. I had some seat time in it when Nick was building it. Love the color, almost had a customer of mine convinced to do that color but he decided to go blue now.

Lawndart

Loc.
I committed.
Seems I am line for the non-hitch version.
Good winter project. Now - paint what part wimbledon and what orange ?:?

Ro_Ja Boy

I committed.
Seems I am line for the non-hitch version.
Good winter project. Now - paint what part wimbledon and what orange ?:?

No cutting in line! :D I’m going to end up painting like OP, but thought about painting all of it chrome to match the bumpers.

T4x4R

Contributor
Yep ordered mine as well. This is exactly what I wanted/needed. to much body work to risk the spare pulling on the panel and having to do anything over. Going powder black as well! Cant Wait to get it!

OP
OP
englewoodcowboy

englewoodcowboy

Lick Creek Restorations
Yep ordered mine as well. This is exactly what I wanted/needed. to much body work to risk the spare pulling on the panel and having to do anything over. Going powder black as well! Cant Wait to get it!

I am anxious to see some of these all black installed. It should look fantastic either way. Post them up!

Lawndart

Loc.
Today, they sent me a follow-up email.
They took my $$ for a hitch-less version.

I already have Tom's classIII hitch. Looking forward to receiving it and getting it painted to match. Initial thoughts are to paint the swinger orange to match the body and the lower parts wimbledon to match the bumper. May paint it all orange.
Plan is to run around the local area without the spare and swinger, when camping and traveling, add the swinger and spare.
I have an "Bronco Explorer" compass style tire cover that I have hoarded for a while. Sometimes it works in my favor. Sometimes.

Ro_Ja Boy

People starting to receive theirs? Mine has 1 of the 3 packages out for delivery today and the other 2 due tomorrow. Hopefully the Bronco will be here Friday, but will drop the parts off for paint mid-week.

Jdgephar

Bronco Guru
People starting to receive theirs? Mine has 1 of the 3 packages out for delivery today and the other 2 due tomorrow. Hopefully the Bronco will be here Friday, but will drop the parts off for paint mid-week.
Received,and partially complete. Need to remove and paint the swing now.

4972aaf88137ddbcb7a53150cdca6e65.jpg

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk