• Be EXTREMELY cautious if someone offers to buy your Bronco for more than your asking price and sight unseen. ESPECIALLY if the buyer is overseas. It's probably a scam.

Discuss it more here:
    http://classicbroncos.com/forums/showthread.php?p=514932
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

CA Really Nice in San Diego

elan

Loc.
s
The front floors have lay over replacement sheet metal. Look at the rot next to the emergency brake. And that is what is in the pix. Imagine a surprise in person.

OP
OP
N

navi

The front floors have lay over replacement sheet metal. Look at the rot next to the emergency brake. And that is what is in the pix. Imagine a surprise in person.

hmm, I see that at just rust that has been repaired , am I missing something?

Slowleak

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Georgia
The “repairs” that were done were not done properly, only to hide the rust. You can be assured that there is more hidden rust.

From underneath you can see the rusted hole in the original floor and the new floor that was laid over it. There is also a rusted out area of the rocker.
11bd0f3b5b6d9e20958818288db312f8.jpg

This is the bigger issue. It is structural door post area rust and was not even repaired....
d90879f73c74f11eb29b99822025a058.jpg

Rangerbj

@ Slow Leak, good analysis of rust issues. Definite a poor patch job. I wonder about the hinge posts and cowl rust issues. If patch jobs are done correctly, I have no issue with them.

OP
OP
N

navi

@slowleak you've got a good eye. Those trouble spots are more obvious now, I wonder if those are the only rust issues.

triracer67

Contributor
Original Midwest Broncos screams rust, to include rotted frames. Doesn’t it seem odd that the brake, gas, and clutch pedals are painted?

71 CA Bronco

hmm, in the same vane, this one looks good up top, but has a ton of rot underneath, yes?
https://www.ebay.com/itm/363063945189

I agree with what others have said. The first one is a rust bucket. Most likely a paint and sell by the looks of the paint/filler patch over the cancer. Run from that one.

The second one needs more pictures. You will need to closely look at inner and outer kick panels, door pillars, cowl, inner rockers, upper kick panel/inner fender connection (under hood and under fenders), floor boards, and bottom of tailgate. Probably in that order of importance as well.

Any serious rust in these areas would warrant a closer look at the frame as well.

Serious rust like on the first Bronco you where looking at can easily double your purchase price in sheet metal work alone upon restoration. My 2 cents worth...

OP
OP
N

navi

@the helpful members here- thanks for the info. Some of this is new to me now that I'm looking at getting another bronco.
I haven't had one since around '96...You didn't see nearly as many rusted out beaters back then, or pimped out 200k monsters. ;D
If I don't find the right one at least my name is on the list for the 2021.

sprdv1

Contributor
REBEL
@the helpful members here- thanks for the info. Some of this is new to me now that I'm looking at getting another bronco.
I haven't had one since around '96...You didn't see nearly as many rusted out beaters back then, or pimped out 200k monsters. ;D
If I don't find the right one at least my name is on the list for the 2021.

just remember, patience is key.. Wait for that right one to come along

they are high dollar these days, but you could get lucky or at least get in the right ball park