• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Transfer case adapters

hunter1

Contributor
Loc.
Maryville, Tn
Is there a difference between a v8 and 6 cylinder transfer case adapter? I’ve got a short one on an old case I’ve had for 30 years And do not know what it came from.

Broncobowsher

Total hack
Yes. The I6 is a longer engine. The transfer case is in the same location. The difference is in the length of the adaptor. The short one is from an I6 application. About 15 years ago they were slightly desirable as there was a cheap adaptor/spacer to make an NP435 bolt to the D20. You bolt the spacer to the short I6 tailhousing and you get a V8 length tailhousing that works with a NP435.

Pa PITT

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Stephenville TEXAS
I wouldn't call that adaptor cheap by no means . But that is what I have on my.NP435 to make it function with the V8 I HAD BEFORE I WENT TO THE DIESEL .
...... I Think that adapter cost me about 250.00. My Memory could be wrong .