• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Scammed out of $11k by TheBroncoMan Michael Shasho

1strodeo

Squirrel Watcher
Loc.
Wisconsin
This was my first major purchase on ebay and I should have known better. Since I purchased the vehicle outside of ebay, I don’t have any recourse through them.

Since this guy has been selling vehicles for 15 years (he claims) and deals only in broncos, I incorrectly believed I could trust this guy.

I'm guessing you also trusted him because he was labeled a 'Longtime Member' and had 100% feedback.

Always be wary of a car salesman on eBay with ~100% positive feedback. If you dig a little deeper you'll see (as is the case here) that most of that feedback is NOT as a seller. This is most likely because he does the final sale outside of ebay, which as you mentioned protects HIM not you and also forbids you from posting feedback.

He also probably has 20 or more burner accounts which he has built up over his 19 year membership by making small purchases such as rolls of duct tape, tire shine, car wax etc. in order to use these accounts to run up bids on his trucks. When you're a POS car salesman, you have time for that kind of shit.

Sorry don't mean to add salt to the wound, just sharing what I've learned and as I and others have said you're not in too bad a shape, we've seen MUCH MUCH worse!! Here's just one example.....

https://www.google.com/search?sourc...FhOAKHU9TC2AQ4dUDCAs&uact=5#spf=1573825348958

ngsd

Contributor
Bronco Guru
The real lesson here is the risk of buying without inspection. I have been burned before too but I always set my expectations when doing so. I understand the risk and hope for the best if I gamble. Buyer beware.

ObscureMachine

Seatbelt Orifice Officer
Loc.
World Headquarters
I'm really sorry. I got scammed on a 1973 Bronco that was actually a 74. Is the seller from Alabama? That's where I got mine, from a "bronco rebuilder" / dealer and it sounds like the exact same deal.

73azbronco

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Never buy mail order cars unless you spend the airfare to go see it.

Would you buy a new car that way? No.

Broncobowsher

Total hack
A new car is different.

The one time I sold online I offered to deduct the price of a cheap flight so they could inspect in person. When at the $10k mark, a few hundred for a Southwest flight works out.

jmangi62

Bronco Guru
Sorry to hear this. If it's any consolation, that rig is beautiful! Worth it to fix it and enjoy the heck outta it. Dealers are crooks! ;)

sprdv1

Contributor
REBEL
Thanks guys! I appreciate all the feedback. I never thought I would get my money back but just didn't want anyone else to be the moron I was.

On a another note, I did get a really nice uncut '77 to drive while I work/learn on my '73. Really happy with it and will put up pictures soon.

sux when we got to learn the hard way sometimes right :(

lowbush

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Summerland Key, FL

sunny beaches the 80's trucks are going thru the roof now. I know my 87 Suburban has been getting the parking lot offers that are getting real close to the yes column. I guess the 80's was really the last years of the true SUV's and trucks with everything going to chain driving T cases and IFS after that. I think I need to buy up a few more 80's SUV's before they go EB prices.

Eoth

Bronco Guru
Real sorry... Bad lesson (I have fallen for a good write-up and perfectly framed pictures also), hopefully that's the only issue and a transmission shop can sort it out. Looking up the seller I see that he flipping vehicles out of his home in NJ (Google Maps shows 4 Big Broncos sitting in his driveway).

lowbush

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Summerland Key, FL
Ill take that scam

I remember his thread if that was the only issue it would have been pure grace. Pretty much everything on the truck was misrepresented. But Obscure got a crash education in Bronco restoration so maybe that in the end was worth the price.

74bronk

Contributor
Who pays 11k for a Bronco “2” I cant imagine even one in very low mileage and garage kept even going for maybe $3-$4k.... buyer beware....🙄

crab

Bronco Guru
Who pays 11k for a Bronco “2” I cant imagine even one in very low mileage and garage kept even going for maybe $3-$4k.... buyer beware....🙄

I was thinking the same thing. Had to look up what they are going for to see what we are missing out on. Everything I see is between free and $5K. What's the rest of the story here?

Slowleak

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Georgia
Hey Mark, there is a lady over here that has one about the same color that is all original, never been restored and slick as hell. She keeps it under a cover and only asking $5k. I would be on it if it was 4wd, and I don't even like the II's.

I hear ya Ricky. If I bought it, it would rollover before I got home.....