• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

76 Bronco - Special Decor Build

OP
OP
R

rguest3

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Well, at least something is being done to this Bronco. My body man for this truck has been SUPER busy with insurance work and really has not been able to do much at all.

The Bronco is now next door to the Body Shop getting the Roll Cage installed. DOM tubing and custom built to the truck. Here is what we have so far.

Hopefully there can be some paint applied soone and get all of it done.

Attachments

• 76 Bronco - Roll Bar Left.jpg
    76 Bronco - Roll Bar Left.jpg
    73.6 KB · Views: 130
  • 76 bronco - Roll Bar Right.jpg
    76 bronco - Roll Bar Right.jpg
    77.4 KB · Views: 113
  • 76 Bronco - Roll Bar Windshield.jpg
    76 Bronco - Roll Bar Windshield.jpg
    46.4 KB · Views: 105
OP
OP
R

rguest3

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Roll Cage

Here are some more pictures of the DOM Roll Cage in this Bronco. We also added a Sound Bar that mounts on the Cage. The wiring for the speakers and lights will go down the Driver's Side Front Hoop Leg. There are also welded 7/16" Bungs for both front and rear shoulder Belts.

When the Hard Top is on, the only Pipe you can see is the side 45' that is low in the rear window. The Soft Top Bows also clear the rear of the cage to fold flat.

Attachments

• 76 Bronco - Roll Cage 2.jpg
    76 Bronco - Roll Cage 2.jpg
    102.2 KB · Views: 87
  • 76 Bronco - Roll Cage 3.jpeg
    76 Bronco - Roll Cage 3.jpeg
    136.8 KB · Views: 89
  • 76 Bronco - Roll Cage 4.jpg
    76 Bronco - Roll Cage 4.jpg
    106.3 KB · Views: 104
  • 76 Bronco - Roll Cage.jpg
    76 Bronco - Roll Cage.jpg
    96.1 KB · Views: 89
OP
OP
R

rguest3

Contributor
Bronco Guru
It's been a long time since I posted anything about this Bronco. Most of the truck is painted. Ford Magnetic.

Protofab Front Winch Bumper and Rear Bumper as well.

Attachments

• 76 Bronco - Rear Bumper Paint.jpg
    76 Bronco - Rear Bumper Paint.jpg
    61.6 KB · Views: 79
  • 76 Bronco - Front Bumper Paint.jpg
    76 Bronco - Front Bumper Paint.jpg
    70.8 KB · Views: 83
  • 76 Bronco - Driver's Side Paint.jpg
    76 Bronco - Driver's Side Paint.jpg
    66.4 KB · Views: 92
  • 76 Bronco - Driver's Side Paint 2.jpg
    76 Bronco - Driver's Side Paint 2.jpg
    61.2 KB · Views: 101
OP
OP
R

rguest3

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Thanks. And that's with a lot of dust on it!

My paint guy does a great job, he just takes a while because of Insurance work that keeps him going on a regular basis. He tries to fit in my projects when he can.

OP
OP
R

rguest3

Contributor
Bronco Guru
A lot of work done recently at the body shop. Here is the Factory hood fresh out of the spray booth. Buffing is next.

Ford Magnetic Gray, it's actually darker than the picture looks.

Doors are hung and set, Tailgate is done and the Dash is in the paint booth next.

Nice to see some progress when my painter gets a chance. Too much insurance work lately.

Attachments

• 76 Bronco - Hood.jpg
    76 Bronco - Hood.jpg
    51.4 KB · Views: 69
OP
OP
R

rguest3

Contributor
Bronco Guru
The Body Shop is almost done with this Bronco for me. I am really happy with the Magnetic Color choice. The Bronco will be completely cleaned up and then it will be back on the trailer back to my shop.

Now I have a ton of work to get done that's on my list.

Attachments

• 1976 Bronco - Hood 3.jpg
    1976 Bronco - Hood 3.jpg
    82.1 KB · Views: 67
  • 1976 Bronco - Hood-2.jpg
    1976 Bronco - Hood-2.jpg
    68.4 KB · Views: 65
  • 1976 Bronco - Hood.jpg
    1976 Bronco - Hood.jpg
    65.8 KB · Views: 76
OP
OP
R

rguest3

Contributor
Bronco Guru
I'm still undecided if those bumpers will stay on this Bronco. I may go with the Stock Chrome?

A local detail and trim shop will produce the Matte Black Decor Stripe to go across the hood and down the sides. The Front Grill Insert and the Front of the Core Support are already painted black as the original Decor would be.

Looking at the Method NV Black for wheels and Nitto Ridge for tires. I'll mock-up different tire combos I have on other Broncos to see which size fits the best. Probably go with 265/70R17s with the Uncut Fenders.

The Newly Painted Dash with switches and New Painless Wire Harness is almost complete. That should drop right in when the Bronco gets back to my shop.

Last edited:
OP
OP
R

rguest3

Contributor
Bronco Guru
The Bronco is a Special Decor Sport, so, it has all the door, window and Grill trim as well. Chrome will look good.

The Protofab Bumpers on it will be better suited for the 77 Coyote with cut fenders that is next in line.

That's plan "B" anyway.

Last edited:
OP
OP
R

rguest3

Contributor
Bronco Guru
I just pulled the Bronco from the Body Shop to my place this morning. The paint job is top notch and I am really happy with it. The Front of the Core Support and the Grill center are painted black like the original Decor.

Those are just basic rolling stock to get it up on the trailer. Method NV Black wheels and 17" tires will be mounted soon. I may also change the Bumpers back to the stock chrome.

Now, I just have a ton of work to do to get the rest of it complete.

Here are some pics.

Attachments

• 76 Bronco - Drivers Side Paint.jpg
    76 Bronco - Drivers Side Paint.jpg
    81.3 KB · Views: 127
  • 76 Bronco - Front Paint.jpg
    76 Bronco - Front Paint.jpg
    91.5 KB · Views: 121
  • 76 Bronco - Passenger Paint.jpg
    76 Bronco - Passenger Paint.jpg
    86.2 KB · Views: 125
  • 76 Bronco - Rear Paint.jpg
    76 Bronco - Rear Paint.jpg
    82.8 KB · Views: 108
OP
OP
R

rguest3

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Thanks, it's been a long time waiting for this one to be painted. No complaints though.