• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

1999 mustang hydroboost?

Rumcustom

I am in the middle of an engine swap For a customer from a junk 1999 mustang to a “good” 1999 mustang. The donor car is going to be scrapped. It has a hydroboost system in it and I could pull it if it had any value/use, but is it worth the effort? Is it from a car that will work on an early bronco?
Thanks

OP
OP
R

Rumcustom

I have no idea what to ask. Yes I’ll ship. If I pull it to sell I would put it in the for sale section. But first I want to see if it’s just as good as what I have seen others sell from other vehicles Or if it’s not a desirable unit. I’m not experienced on hydroboost from different vehicles. Just an honest question.

SC74

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Is there a list of donor vehicles with hydroboost that are desirable for EB swaps? I want to add hydroboost to my current project, but hard to swallow the "new" prices. We have several pick and pulls around, and I'm no stranger to them. I just want to make sure that if I spend the money on one, it is one that is proven to work in our broncos.

That Mustang link posted above is awesome - some great ideas!

phred

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Earth
Is there a list of donor vehicles with hydroboost that are desirable for EB swaps? I want to add hydroboost to my current project, but hard to swallow the "new" prices. We have several pick and pulls around, and I'm no stranger to them. I just want to make sure that if I spend the money on one, it is one that is proven to work in our broncos.

That Mustang link posted above is awesome - some great ideas!

Robert,
Just about any Ford or GM product from the mid 90's forward should work. I've used gm Astro van stuff, mustang and f250/350 units and they all appear to be the same unit with different mounting brackets. You'll need to make your own bracket anyway. I make my own lines using high pressure -an lines and fittings