• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Free Alternator Give Away-We Have a Winner

RRRAAAYYY2

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Brantford, Ontario
This is kind of tricky on my part, but you will survive. I am doing my inventory right now and have a couple of CS130 ACSE Lightning Series alternators that I have had in stock for awhile. So I am going to give one away.

The alternator is based on the GM CS130 series alternators. It has 190+amps output at full speed. It does NOT have good low speed output. About 25amps at 800rpm, 50amps at 900rpm, 100+ amps at 1000rpm. So it is only suitable for an older style motor (carbed) where your idle should be 1000/900rpm. It currently has a Chevy mount, but I will put a Ford mount front housing on it. You will still need to make a 1" spacer for the top mounting spool. all in all it is not a hard install. This alternator is a one wire unit, meaning you only need to hook it up to a battery, no regulator connection, to make it work. CB member price for the alternator is usually around $140US (sometimes when I am in a good mood I give you a bigger discount, LOL) It retails for over $200.00US

Now who should I give it too? Well I have a plan (the tricky part). We all have seen the "Hubby in Iraq...." thread for several months. Many people have donated to it. It is set to be revealled in less than 10 days. There is still a ton of work to be done to it, and lots of parts as well. They are also trying to spruce of the reveal for all the camera crews, and the possiblitiy of the Governor showing up. And it would be nice to give the guy who is doing the hundreds of hours of work to complete this a thank-you gift. Bottomline is the project needs an infusion of cash to get done, and to represent this community properly.

So here is my plan. anyone making a donation from 8:00 this morning to 6pm the day before the reveal is eligable to win the alternator. It does not matter the size of your donation, all will be eligable (cash or parts count). Contact me for a link to the secret site where you can make the donation via a paypal button.

There are also many parts still needed, so if you want to find what is needed, here is a direct link to the thread: http://www.classicbroncos.com/forums/showthread.php?t=68356

Now some of you might not be jumping at this because you are against the war and all. If it means anything I am against it myself. But this is not about the war. This is about a person (representing all the troops) that was willing to give his/her life for you. Soldiers don't get a choice about who they fight, that decision is made by the people you put in power. So to me this is a great way to say thank-you to the troops.

Getting off soap box. :) Don't need an alternator. Oh well, you should be making a donation anyway. My thought is you can dump the unit on Ebay if you want, or better yet donate it to the Seabisciut fundraiser. Then you would have helped two people.

This is a great project, and the last thing that needs to happen is it comes up a couple of nickels short.

Last edited:

JWMcCrary

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Donation made.......

Enter Seabuscuit for my chance on the Alternator.

NicksTrix

Bronco Guru
is there another spot to find out what else is needed.i don't have time to run through the 90 pages of threads.
thanks
nick

DonsBolt

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Chestnut Hill, Mass
Does it count if you have allready donated parts for the Project.

I donated 4 black steel rims, and a brand new Toms Bronco steering wheel.

OP
OP
R

RRRAAAYYY2

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Brantford, Ontario
NicksTrix said:
is there another spot to find out what else is needed.i don't have time to run through the 90 pages of threads.
thanks
nick
I can't help there. We are trying to get some info up on the last page of the "Hubby in Iraq" thread. It is tough because John, the guy doing most everything, is running in six different directions at this point. There was talk of posting an update list on a new thread as well. If that happens i will edit the first post on this thread to include the list.

77BroncoWag

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Now some of you might not be jumping at this because you are against the war and all. If it means anything I am against it myself. But this is not about the war. This is about a person (representing all the troops) that was willing to give his/her life for you. Soldiers don't get a choice about who they fight, that decision is made by the people you put in power. So to me this is a great way to say thank-you to the troops.

Agree you can be against the war or HATE the Prez but you must SUPPORT the Troops as a American.............

OP
OP
R

RRRAAAYYY2

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Brantford, Ontario
DonsBolt said:
Does it count if you have allready donated parts for the Project.
Sorry, but for the sake of the sanity of 4wheelner, I made it from today on. Ending the day before the reveal. You made a huge donation, and I feel bad about saying no. What many of the guys on here were willing to give, blew me away. If it means anything, Paypaling a buck or two will work for the draw.

Shoeless

This is a great idea Ray, Thanks for making the move to help again!

Shoeless

dezertchase

Loc.
phoenix
I see that I am not eligible for this give away. Seeing that I sent my gift cert for flares and was the first person to send thier donation that said they would. I have been reading that thread since it started and it is a wonderfull thing that the bronco community has done. I sent my donation because it would get used and not just sit on my dresser. But I will say that this is a great idea to muster up some $$$$$$$$$ donations. Since that is what is needed. Just want to say thanks to you and everyone else, I have read about for helping out the O.B.B project.

4wheelnar

Loc.
Benton
Donations so far...

We have a total of $60.00 that has been made thus far via paypal donations. Thank you guys so much. This should by a few of the items John needs to help finish up the OBB. Good luck to the donators on winning the alternator and thanks for your support to the OBB!! :cool:
4wheelnar

OP
OP
R

RRRAAAYYY2

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Brantford, Ontario
Dezertchase,
I want to echo your thoughts about what everyone has done. My stepfather is even into this. I spent three hours on the phone/computer yesterday, and when we were busy, and he didn't say a word. Actually he kept laughing at me as I repeated the same song and dance over and over agian, only to hear I had called the wrong number. LOL. He just worked harder and covered my butt.

It is an example of how this whole project has effected people. In this day and age, it is a great example of people getting together and doing something good for a change.

At this point we are really in crunch time. John has been working his butt off. The last thing I want to see him do is waste anytime wondering if he can afford to get a bolt to finish the project up.

Then there is the reveal itself. Since this is such a symbol of selfless acts, it is attracting a lot of media attention. There is also a good chance some high ranking military officers and even the Governor will be showing up. So now the reveal has to look the part. And that costs money too.

When it is all said done, everything is reflecting back on us, being the Early Bronco Community, and people in general. And so far, you guys should be damn proud of yourselves!

4wheelnar

Loc.
Benton
Total Update......

We have $30.00 to add to the OBB Fund from today! Thanks you guys are awesome! ;D
4wheelnar

Fathom

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Los Angeles
Hey Ray

You may want to make a little change, kind of like the raffle.
For every buck you throw in, you get a chance.

That way, people will donate more for more chance to win.

I already donate $100 at the start, and $100 at the raffle, and I got 50 chance to win stuff (which I did win Stickers & Shirt).

But with your give-away, I will have the same chance to win if I donate $1 as someone who doated $100.

People might want to give a few dollars more to increase their chance at winning. Otherwise, they could be cheap and donate a buck.

Does paypal take a commision off each buck?

Just a thought, Thank You for doing this!!!

Brian

Also:
Any more thought about pre-selling videos?

OP
OP
R

RRRAAAYYY2

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Brantford, Ontario
Brain,
I thought about that as well. The only problem is time, something nobody has extra of right now. So I tried to keep it as least complicated as possible. My hope is, people would have donated money whether there was an alternator involved or not. I think right now the odds are better than 1 in 10 of winning.
Besides doing it this way, people like yourself who have donated so much already, can get in on the draw for a dollar (probably two would be better incase there is a paypal fee). :) Hopefully first time donors don't take that approach though.

OP
OP
R

RRRAAAYYY2

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Brantford, Ontario
Pre-selling some videos is a good idea as well. Have you started or gotten a figure on selling price. Be nice to have it stay a round number, like $20 with shipping. Maybe get some donated fourwheeling footage as well, make it a two hour deal.
Let me know what you guys work out, I am in for at least one video.

Fathom

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Los Angeles
RRRAAAYYY2 said:
Pre-selling some videos is a good idea as well. Have you started or gotten a figure on selling price. Be nice to have it stay a round number, like $20 with shipping. Maybe get some donated fourwheeling footage as well, make it a two hour deal.
Let me know what you guys work out, I am in for at least one video.
Material Cost, 2 DVD Case, Printing on case & DVDs, packaging, and shipping for a 2 DVD set would be about $5. :eek:
We could add any video as long as there is no copywrite issues.
Maybe first wheeling video?
I think $10.00, $15.00, and $20.00 are all appropriate.
Going over $20.00 would be over price.

My opinion, $15.00. Gives us a $10.00 profit (minus Paypal) and I think people would pay it.

Let me know......What you all would pay!

The issue of collecting orders, I have PayPal and can handle all the logistics.

OR

Someone mention Melisa's paypal. But then someone else from her camp would just have track everything and give me the mailing list.

Brian

OP
OP
R

RRRAAAYYY2

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Brantford, Ontario
Should cost less than $5.00 to mail? Would be nice to see an uncomplicated number with everything included. Could include other members wheeling footage as well. Just some thoughts.