• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Bestop 2 piece doors??

svastano

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Pulaski, PA
Group,

I just called Bestop because the doors that I purchased do not fit. Can someone enlighten me? Top went on without a hitch. Fits perfectly. Started on the doors and the top portion of the doors are 32" and my door opening is 31" This is consistent on both sides. Only thing I can think of is that the old Kentrol body is off. Can someone measure there openings for me? See some photos

Attachments

• DSCN0507.jpg
    DSCN0507.jpg
    60.8 KB · Views: 97
  • DSCN0505 (2).jpg
    DSCN0505 (2).jpg
    68.5 KB · Views: 78
  • WP_20190710_15_02_14_Pro.jpg
    WP_20190710_15_02_14_Pro.jpg
    37.9 KB · Views: 86
  • DSCN0506 (2).jpg
    DSCN0506 (2).jpg
    59.8 KB · Views: 73
  • WP_20190710_15_04_06_Pro.jpg
    WP_20190710_15_04_06_Pro.jpg
    49.5 KB · Views: 53

Scoop

Contributor
Have Bronco, Will Travel
Loc.
Cuchara, CO
Yup, I think it’s your body. Mine measure 32 in. They are Bronco Design inserts which should dimensionally match stock inserts. That’s going to be a tough fix since the inserts look to be molded into the Kentrol body.

BroncoDesignTN

Sponsor/Vendor
Did you mold the roadster inserts into the tub (or a previous owner by chance)? The inserts do not apper have the same curves and overall shape as a stock insert does, from what I can see in the pictures. I am not aware of Kentrol offering a body with the inserts built in (could it have been a custom thing or another company? Curious more than anything lol). I can see the front fender is seamed in as well. Do you have any inside shots of the inserts?

Your easiest option may be to have someone build you custom lower soft doors.

OP
OP
svastano

svastano

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Pulaski, PA
I molded ( fiber glassed) the Kentrol inserts into the body. If I remember correctly and from the literature that I had they also made the body with the door inserts and no door jamb. I already have an appt with a guy I know that does upholstery so if he can re sew the vinyl outer part of the door I know I can fix the frame in short time.

Not what I want to do but not much choice.

Did you mold the roadster inserts into the tub (or a previous owner by chance)? The inserts do not apper have the same curves and overall shape as a stock insert does, from what I can see in the pictures. I am not aware of Kentrol offering a body with the inserts built in (could it have been a custom thing or another company? Curious more than anything lol). I can see the front fender is seamed in as well. Do you have any inside shots of the inserts?

Your easiest option may be to have someone build you custom lower soft doors.

tatersalad

Bronco Guru
I have them on mine with Duff inserts and they are rubbing the paint down from opening and closing the door. I liked the way my old Kayline 1 piece doors fit better but they were 1 piece.

knack

Contributor
I had to modify one of my door frames too. Pulled some stitching apart by the door latch, then shortened the top horizontal bar. If I remember, I removed about 3/8". A little welding and re-stitching and the door fit much better.

Assumed the poor fit was partly the door opening tolerances, along with the fiberglass insert tolerances, along with the Bestop door frame tolerances...

OP
OP
svastano

svastano

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Pulaski, PA
Talked to my guy after work today and he had me take some seams out and tomorrow I hope to get them cut down and fitted to I can put the hardware on the body. Crazy taking 400 dollar doors and ripping them apart so I can make them fit!

Attachments

• DSCN0512.jpg
    DSCN0512.jpg
    95.9 KB · Views: 22
  • DSCN0511.jpg
    DSCN0511.jpg
    107.6 KB · Views: 24

matts460

Running joke in my dealership I work at is to say "Not normal, but common"

sprdv1

Contributor
REBEL
Talked to my guy after work today and he had me take some seams out and tomorrow I hope to get them cut down and fitted to I can put the hardware on the body. Crazy taking 400 dollar doors and ripping them apart so I can make them fit!

no doubt.. Good luck

OP
OP
svastano

svastano

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Pulaski, PA
Well I the wife and I spent most of the day fitting the 2 doors. Ended up taking the vinyl off both so I could get them to fit better, What a PIA! I will probably have my guy just recover the bottoms. I don't think he can re-use the vinyl part since it is oversize and would probably be more of a pain to re do than to make new.

Attachments

• DSCN0513.jpg
    DSCN0513.jpg
    75.8 KB · Views: 24
  • DSCN0515.jpg
    DSCN0515.jpg
    75.5 KB · Views: 23
  • DSCN0516.jpg
    DSCN0516.jpg
    80.1 KB · Views: 26
  • DSCN0517.jpg
    DSCN0517.jpg
    80.5 KB · Views: 26
  • DSCN0520.jpg
    DSCN0520.jpg
    75.4 KB · Views: 24
  • DSCN0521.jpg
    DSCN0521.jpg
    75.4 KB · Views: 21

jmhend

Bronco Guru

I agree and I have the same issue.