• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

New Bronco - press conf from Ford

Nobody

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Stanwood
I say the 2020 is relevant until it isn’t. They are suggesting ties to the EB after all. I’d prefer a single thread that I can subscribe to though.

MarsChariot

Contributor
Planetary Offroader
Loc.
Albuquerque, New Mexico
Actually, I have changed my mind. I think that we should have a moritorium on future threads about the 2020 "Bronco" (note the quotes) UNLESS the thread reports absolute evidence that the 2020 "Bronco" is a direct competitor for the Wrangler. Then we will want to hear about it. Otherwise, "go away." I think that would resolve our problem with these threads.

Nobody

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Stanwood
Save your 50 grand and build a really nice street Bronco with an eye towards street use and ride quality. Then you will have the Bronco you desire. I think you could do allot if you throw out the all Ford Requirement. The wrecking yards are full of neat stuff. Automotive engineering has come along way in the past 45 years.

The problem with just just building a really nice EB is even if you can legitimately insure them, they can’t really be replaced. No way in hell I’m leaving my EB at trailhead while I take off on a hike, or at store X parking lot, work, etc. It sucks. Not an issue with a newer vehicle.

Then throw in modern comforts, safety, etc, and you’ve got a good case for a newer vehicle like an ahem... jeep

mjschneidy

The problem with just just building a really nice EB is even if you can legitimately insure them, they can’t really be replaced.

You're right they can't be replace with exactly but have you looked into insurance through Haggerty or similar classic car insurance? I have mine insured with enough agreed value insurance that I no longer loose any sleep over it being stolen.

JGbronc

Bronco Maniac
Is it just me, or has this site drastically changed over the last few years? It seems like I see more "New to the forum", new shirts, or 2020 Bronco threads than I do actual Bronco discussion. Don't get me wrong, I love seeing people join up and still love CB, It's just that I miss seeing the long time members posting regularly.

I remember years ago where we would have numerous threads going about rare features, new purchases, or other neat stuff. I feel like it's mostly random posts now.

Even Off Topic was a good place to get a laugh, Such as evil69's stalker ex, or DonsBolt thinking his Bronco won him a girlfriend. Rarely ever is there any long threads of humor on here anymore. Even the Socks N Sandals saga brought a lot of laughs when we were making fun of him.

I guess since the Bronco world has changed and become more mainstream, the site changed also.

Scoop

Contributor
Have Bronco, Will Travel
Loc.
Cuchara, CO
. . .

Even Off Topic was a good place to get a laugh, Such as evil69's stalker ex, or DonsBolt thinking his Bronco won him a girlfriend.

. . .

I don't think we'll ever top DonsBolt's saga for intrigue, suspense, and laughs! Epic.

The "Bill and MrJoe" show (bmc69 and MrJoe2U) was always pretty entertaining as well.

1sicbronconut

Contributor
Bronco Guru
66-77 Bronco's means 66-77 Bronco's my $.02 so yes I'm tired of it and when/if they do actually come out they don't belong here either!

Skiddy

Bronco Guru
I don't think we'll ever top DonsBolt's saga for intrigue, suspense, and laughs! Epic.

The "Bill and MrJoe" show (bmc69 and MrJoe2U) was always pretty entertaining as well.

lol yes classic:cool:

sykanr0ng

Bronco Guru
This IS the 1966-1977 Bronco forum.

This is not the full size Bronco (1978-1996) forum.

This is not the Bronco II (Ranger based, 1985-1990) forum.

Since this is not the place for those other Broncos it is not the place for unsupported rumors about a 2020 Bronco, yet every time a new hype article with no real information is posted on the internet three new threads about it are started.

Some say we should wait and see how much like an early Bronco it ends up, but it is already clear that it will be nothing like an early Bronco.

The 2020 Bronco does not belong in 66-77 Bronco Chat any more than a Chevy Nova does.