• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

And done.... for now

crab

Bronco Guru
Fun nugget about my Bronco, it is titled as a 67 but based on the VIN, it was built in early 68. So yes, those are 68 doors and everything else. I plan on getting the Marti report soon, just haven't gotten around to it.[/QUOTE

You’re sure the vin #’s match (body tag and title) ? Was it re-titled at some point? Crazy to think that it’s 52 years old I realize you’re not trying to restore to original and assumed that you swapped out the dash. But if it truely is a ‘67 and those are the original dash and doors (which are correct for ‘68) that to me would be cooler then the restoration itself. Good stuff :)
You have done so much work as well as returning to original color, I would put the early dash pad back on for conversation and originality to early ‘68. It’s possible that Ford used that pad in early ‘68 though it wasn’t standard til mid year. I’m curious if the Marti is that specific, especially since it would have been their earliest report beginning in ‘67? Such as stating if it had clear vs amber front turn signals (amber in ‘67 clear in ‘68). If original, yours are correct for ‘67. Guess I’m going to have to pull a report for my ‘68 :)
Sorry to distract from your original post

Last edited:
OP
OP
Lunar-tic

Lunar-tic

Loc.
Brentsville
All good questions. Yes the glove box plate matches the frame, nothing wonky there that I can tell. I liked the lunar green and definitely did not like the other colors it had been painted over the years (dark green and bright red). I didn't change any of the dash components, the pad and knobs are as they were when I bought it 12 years ago. I did remove the choke cable left of the instrument cluster and replaced it with a new wiper switch using the old choke knob. Of course I went and removed the wipers, just adds unnecessary weight to the frame. The dash pad does have an after market cap glued over the old dash, which I assume is a hot steamy mess. I would like to put a 66-67 dash on it, but that's down the road. Here's my glove box plate, tell me if I'm wrong about the build date please.

Attachments

• IMG_1544.jpg
    IMG_1544.jpg
    39 KB · Views: 35
OP
OP
Lunar-tic

Lunar-tic

Loc.
Brentsville
Yeah, it is a little weird, but comparing the frame VIN with the title and glove box was one of the first things I did. I'll let you all know how the Marti report pans out.

JeffG

Contributor
Loc.
San Antonio, TX
About the '67 vs '68 question. It could be that sometime in its life a new tub was swapped on? I have one I'm working on that is titled as a '77 but the tub was rusted pretty bad and several items missing including the rear fuel tank.

I found a good condition non '77 tub so it won't have the fuel doors and I added some rear fuel tank mounts because I had a good condition non '77 rear fuel tank. It will be fun explaining that when I'm done! :)

1strodeo

Squirrel Watcher
Loc.
Wisconsin
Finally got it all back together and on the road after paint. Probably will leave the window frames and top off for a while.

NICE!! (If you look closely at attached pic you'll see my hula girl too ;D)

So what were the guy's plans for the Bronco in the barn?

Attachments

• IMG_0433.jpg
    IMG_0433.jpg
    112.7 KB · Views: 22