• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Super Celebration WEST?

hankjr

Contributor
Bronco Guru
i would say im at about 80% still going. sadly the bronco just wont be ready for prime time, but im still planning to head west for several weeks and make the event at least for Friday / Saturday. Girlfriends work (trauma PA) is requiring a detailed agenda from us to "approve". she cant afford to quarantine for 14 days upon return so lets see. For me, i either leave the 18th or WE leave the 30th and go to my place in CO for 10 days or so before the SC.

Hank

Skiddy

Bronco Guru
just got back from CO (Leadville area) the weather is awesome until you get up to over 12k feet then its cold. we got up to the snow line many time. Sept should be a lot cooler at higher elevations. This year was the first year that wind blew, down in the valley wasn't too bad. bring yer fishin pole;D Last year when we were in BV I ended up driving the bronco over 600 miles everywhere between BV and Leadville (holy cross). going up to Grizzly lake (highest alpine lake in CO) was very cool, must have a good 4x4 to get over the ledge at the entrance. we are still up in the air on going or not. but you will never see views anywhere else like there:cool:

THEBONE

I'm going. I made my reservations a while back and registered today. My hand is up, Yeller.

BoulderMike22

I’ll be there with a crew of at least 5 more rigs from Denver.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
Scoop

Scoop

Contributor
Have Bronco, Will Travel
Loc.
Cuchara, CO
I’ll have a Bronco there - just not sure which one! My crawler broke last week on Holy Cross during the Lonestar Bronco Mountain Ride and not sure yet if I can fix it before Sept. May have to take my 72 “Patina Bronco” or my 78.

chris

No more Rock Crawler
The Wife and I are looking forward to this, we booked a great cabin on the river south of town right on the river. Keep and eye out for us East Coasters!

sprdv1

Contributor
REBEL
The Wife and I are looking forward to this, we booked a great cabin on the river south of town right on the river. Keep and eye out for us East Coasters!

Safe travels.. Definitely a must attend if at all possible

OP
OP
Scoop

Scoop

Contributor
Have Bronco, Will Travel
Loc.
Cuchara, CO

Looking forward to catching up with you Chris. See you soon!

Skiddy

Bronco Guru
I’ll have a Bronco there - just not sure which one! My crawler broke last week on Holy Cross during the Lonestar Bronco Mountain Ride and not sure yet if I can fix it before Sept. May have to take my 72 “Patina Bronco” or my 78.

dang and I thought it was just a couple of driveshafts. the patina bronco would be a good one.:cool:

Yeller

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Rogers County Oklahoma

They are both great choices. I really like the 72, its got some really nice period mods that make it neat but the 78 has some non-cookie cutter things that just make it macho cool that you just have to look for:cool:

OP
OP
Scoop

Scoop

Contributor
Have Bronco, Will Travel
Loc.
Cuchara, CO
dang and I thought it was just a couple of driveshafts. the patina bronco would be a good one.:cool:

Yes, both driveshafts but something is leaking big time - either the transfer case or the Blackbox-i doubler. Not sure which yet. So I’m afraid I’ve cracked something.

They are both great choices. I really like the 72, its got some really nice period mods that make it neat but the 78 has some non-cookie cutter things that just make it macho cool that you just have to look for:cool:

Thanks Steve. It will come down to which one will work better on the street cruises! There are a couple things I need to fix on the 72. Mainly swap out tranny and fix a fuel sending unit leak.

sprdv1

Contributor
REBEL
Better get after it then. Always something to do

Yes, both driveshafts but something is leaking big time - either the transfer case or the Blackbox-i doubler. Not sure which yet. So I’m afraid I’ve cracked something.

Thanks Steve. It will come down to which one will work better on the street cruises! There are a couple things I need to fix on the 72. Mainly swap out tranny and fix a fuel sending unit leak.

Pearlcoat

Contributor
Bronco Guru

I know you'll represent us East Coasters well, Chris. Have a great time.