• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

West Tn Dawg

rydog1130

Sponsor/Vendor
Bronco Guru
Some of you guys may know Ricky but I just wanted to say that I can't say enough good things about this guy! I met Ricky 4 years ago at Super Cel on the 50th Anniversary of the Bronco. My buddy Adam and I were there to check out all the broncos, sell a few shirts and do a little fishing. My first encounter with Ricky was a little tense when he came back from a drive to find two guys, a table of shirts, and a small mini pit/jack russle dog camped out where he had been parking his bronco. I remember him saying " Hey, what are y'all doing in my spot?" a sense of panic sets in and I'm thinking "oh man we're going to piss everyone off here and this isn't a good way to start things off if everyone sees this guy yelling at us" I quickly pushed those thoughts to the back and said " Oh man, I'm sorry, were totally new here, we're from Michigan and Tom told us we could set up here to sell a few things!" and Ricky was like "Oh ok" and I said " We can move if you need us to?" He was like " Naw it's ok, we can all fit, jut scooch over a bit and we'll be good!" I was thinking "whooh, disaster averted". The day progressed we sold shirts, met lots of people, talked a lot with Ricky as our neighbor and got to know him pretty well. It was a little past noon and the sun was beating down on us Michigan boys and we were not used to that heat coming from 40 degree Michigan. Ricky noticed we were getting a little crisp under the sun and said "Y'all want some shade? I got an extra umbrella I'm not using?" at first I was like "no it's ok man I can tough it out" but after another offer I agreed and accepted the offer. I can only imagine what he was probably thinking about us under prepared northern guys, ha. The event came to an end and we thanked Ricky for his help with the shade and not killing us for squatting on his spot and headed home. I realized when I got home that I may have accidentaly packed up his umbrella and took it home. I tracked him down through the site here and asked him if he still had his umbrella we borrowed and he said "no, I don't think so?" I told him I thought I may have packed it up and I'd ship it back to him. Well, I looked over hell and high water and could not find that umbrella. I took to ebay quickly and found him a nice oversize FORD golf umbrella and had it shipped. I gotta PM later from Ricky saying "thanks for my umbrella, looks a little different from the last time" I admitted I couldn't find his umbrella and hoped he liked his new one. Well, fast forward 3 years from then and every year I've camped out next to Ricky and his crew of family & friends. I have to say this year Rickys friendship and hospitality really came through! He let my girlfriend and I borrow his trailer so that we could pack up and unload easier and have an extra space to keep things dry. He was also there to assist my dad in getting the bronco off the trailer. I feel very fortunate to have met this guy when I did. I'm always offering him the same hospitality if him and Angie ever find their way up in my neck of the woods! Overall, thank you big time Ricky for all your help and being one of my best bronco buds I know!

IMG_1964.jpg IMG_1675.jpg IMG_1671.jpg

kylakekevin

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Ahh man now his head will start swelling! Oh wait were talking about Ricky no it won't! Yes He is one of the good ones and true to his word.

bronconut73

Bronco Guru
You don't know how special you are Ryan.

He assassinated the folks that parked in his spot the year before you met him, lol.
JK...

He is one of the good ones Ryan.
I am glad you ran into him that day.
Its always cool when good souls find one another.
Happens a lot in our EB community.

sprdv1

Contributor
REBEL
Ahh man now his head will start swelling! Oh wait were talking about Ricky no it won't! Yes He is one of the good ones and true to his word.

haha,... He's a pretty good ole I mean young dude.. :)

Tugross302

I agree. I finally met Ricky at our hotel this year. We stood outside and talked a while. Seemed like a great guy. He actually told me about how he always looks forward to parking beside Ryan

LUBr LuvR

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Wholeheartedly agree.....one of the reasons I always look forward to SC is to catch up with Ricky and Angie. He will literally give you the shirt off his back, or the cover off his Bronco, lol ask me how I know;D

Consider myself lucky to count them among my friends.

Bronco Maniac

Nice group of folks there. He has the coolest tent. Kind of partial as a MSU grad. I happened to walk by your spot two times while y'all were putting up your tent and helped out a bit.

fordfan

Contributor
Bronco Guru
I agree. Ricky and Angie are top notch Bronco folks for sure! They have the recipe for being top notch: From Mississippi or Tennessee...LOL.... He drives a beautiful red Bronco. She drives a pretty pink '77 Bronco. They have an inviting smile and personality! What more could want? .....We just need them to come south for the Ford Show in Heflin, that's all...

West Tn Dawg

BULLDOG
Loc.
Kenton
WOW, I don’t know what to say to this. Saw the thread title and thought something was wrong.
Ryan it’s been my pleasure to set up next to you and help. My Dad always told me, Never ever miss an opportunity to help someone. There have been times I did, and felt terrible later, when I thought, I should have helped. Anybody that is blessed as I am, has to try and pay it forward.
You all are right, the Bronco community is the best bunch of folks I have ever been around. My daughter says we are a cult. She came with me this year and had a blast. We got home Sunday and she called me Monday morning and said she had already put in for vacation next year. I told her welcome to the cult!:cool:
I really appreciate all the other comments as well. Means more to me than you will ever know.

Like my signature says.... Proud To Be A Part Of The Bronco Nation!
Oh, and Ryan, I didn’t shout at you!;D

sprdv1

Contributor
REBEL
Head all swolled up yet? hee hee. JK brother.

your a good man

WOW, I don’t know what to say to this. Saw the thread title and thought something was wrong.
Ryan it’s been my pleasure to set up next to you and help. My Dad always told me, Never ever miss an opportunity to help someone. There have been times I did, and felt terrible later, when I thought, I should have helped. Anybody that is blessed as I am, has to try and pay it forward.
You all are right, the Bronco community is the best bunch of folks I have ever been around. My daughter says we are a cult. She came with me this year and had a blast. We got home Sunday and she called me Monday morning and said she had already put in for vacation next year. I told her welcome to the cult!:cool:
I really appreciate all the other comments as well. Means more to me than you will ever know.

Like my signature says.... Proud To Be A Part Of The Bronco Nation!
Oh, and Ryan, I didn’t shout at you!;D

sprdv1

Contributor
REBEL
Nah, can't do that!
Came out Friday morning and found a Hotty Toddy sign taped to my tent!:eek:
Thought you had been by! LOL!

Damn, and where's the pic... ? HAHA Love it.

I would've done something like that though

I bet someone fessed up didn't they