• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

1966 hubcaps

77Bronco636

I think part of the problem is Ford would come after whoever is making them since the rears have “Ford” stamped in them. It may be a licensing nightmare and not worth it for the small amount that would sell over a long period of time. Just my input on it......I’m sure some others may have some insight too. Good luck with your venture and keep us posted!!!!

sprdv1

Contributor
REBEL
I think part of the problem is Ford would come after whoever is making them since the rears have “Ford” stamped in them. It may be a licensing nightmare and not worth it for the small amount that would sell over a long period of time. Just my input on it......I’m sure some others may have some insight too. Good luck with your venture and keep us posted!!!!

yeah I could see that happening for sure..

hthomas

Contributor
Loc.
flora
Check and see if Ford still owns the patent on them. If they don't you are good. If they do all you have to do is change one thing on them. But I'm sure you would sell them. I would by 3 sets for sure

fordfan

Contributor
Bronco Guru
I feel that for any reproduction to be successful, that the reproduced part has to be an 'exact reproduction' or as close as possible to the original. I feel that making them blank or changing something to skirt Ford licensing is really short changing the effort of reproducing the part. This fact is especially and very important to '66 gurus, and I feel that a bogus reproduction '66 cap would be a waste of time.

The way this should happen is for some company that is Ford licensed to reproduce parts should make them and make them identical to the original. This way, its a win-win, and not a shady operation. What would a hubcap that kinda looked like a '66 cap be worth anyway? ..... Probably about the same as a knock-off Louis Vuitton handbag that is sold at the Flea Markets!!

I do feel that when a NOS set sold for $4500 that there is a lucrative market for making new ones.