• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Spawn build (72 Bronco rebuild) (On the road finally!)

Hazegray

Check your oil pressure fitting. I had almost the same problem, come to find out my oil pressure line was leaking.

OP
OP
langester

langester

Contributor
MASTER OF MADNESS
Thanks for the reply! I changed out the oil pressure sending unit and the extension a couple times. I do know that the first extension was leaking. After the new one was installed everything seemed to be holding for about a week and then started leaking again. I assumed it was coming from the extension or the unit again. That was when I thought it could be the fuel pump. Oil came out of the weep hole when I pulled it off. I finished installing the new pump today, so far so good. I will give it a week and see what happens.

OP
OP
langester

langester

Contributor
MASTER OF MADNESS
Took me too long to get back and post up. The leak stopped, I drove it in town no problem. Monday morning I tried to take it to work, as soon as I tried to get it up to 65 it started coughing and hesitating. I have a fuel filter by my tank that I suspect might be the issue. If not the new pump is not keeping up. Could also be the wrong pump, the one I replaced looked different than the new one. It is for a 302 just shaped a bit different. I was suspect when I was installing it but it ran great in town after installed. Either way this weekend I am diving in to see whats up. Always something to keep the Bronco going for sure! Ha!

OP
OP
langester

langester

Contributor
MASTER OF MADNESS
Got busy and forgot to post up. The new pump is working great, pumping fuel and not pumping oil all over the engine anymore. I changed out my fuel filter back by the tank and bumped up my fuel regulator. Not sure which one fixed the stalling out issue but its good to go now. Unfortunately my drivers side header which used to be silver is now black, brown and silver from all the damn oil. Oh well, its not a show truck by any stretch. I am just happy to finally get the oil leak mystery solved.

OP
OP
langester

langester

Contributor
MASTER OF MADNESS
I put some mufflers on my Bronco when I got it running that were the shortest ones I could find to make them fit the space. They were Sweet thunder baffled mufflers 12" in length with a 3" case diameter. They fit great but were very high pitched and loud, by loud I mean nasty! Loud enough that the Harley riders were even staring at me. The made a glass pack sound tame as well. I loved the sound but way too loud for listening to the radio or keeping the peace with my neighbors. I got my hands on some Flowmaster HP2 shorty mufflers (one from a member here, Thanks so much). These are perfect, they still have some rumble to them but still very quiet compared to what I had. If anyone is looking for a short muffler that is fairly tame these are the ticket. I can hear the radio now and have to turn it down to even hear it idle.
Always nice to have a win for a change!
Have a good one everyone!

bluehair

Hey Steve, I saw you cruising down main today. Looks good.:cool:

I was trying to hear how she sounds, but from a patio on main all you can hear is straight piped dodges and harleys.:p

OP
OP
langester

langester

Contributor
MASTER OF MADNESS
Curtis,
Ha! I hear that. a week ago mine would have been the only thing you could hear. Hopefully we can meet up in town sometime.
Thanks for the reply! Have a good one!

OP
OP
langester

langester

Contributor
MASTER OF MADNESS
Just got back on the forum after the update. I just wanted to make a post here so I could see how it works.