• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Stutsmo's 67 build.

OP
OP
Stutsmo

Stutsmo

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Sliver Vein with a lot of clear coat on it..... Looks Pretty cool!

dave67fd

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Dave where you at with your build? I haven't seen any updates lately.

Been a few weeks since I did anything significant but have been blasting/painting a few small items like brake e-brake levers, spreader bars, hardware etc..

Just purchased a small pile of parts as well to add to the Inventory and due in next week so I can maybe get a bit more done. Works getting hectic again which is typical for this time of year so my weekend work on the rig might be limited for a little while.

OP
OP
Stutsmo

Stutsmo

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Ok, I got a bunch done over the past few weeks I basically got everything cleaned or painted and assembeled on the Bronco. I was making very good progress untill yesterday I was trying to hook up the wiring harness and had it live to test all the terminals as I was installing them. Then all the sudden my choke cable was glowing RED HOT! Then just about every part on the Bronco felt warm. As soon as i realized what was happening I ran over and unplugged the Battery. my Cheepo EZ wiring harness is smoked.... So now I am going to take it all back out and Install a painless....Figured I might as well bite the bullet and go for the good harness cause this Bronco is gonna get used!

So in the end I didnt make my goal for my Bronco work vacation. Which was pretty simple I just wanted to move it to the other side of the garage under its own power. However I am really close and proud of what work I did get done. I hope to have the new wiring harness by next weekend and if I do I will dedicate the weekend to getting it put in.

fatboy

Contributor
Glad to be here.
Loc.
New Hampshire
Sorry to hear of your set back but am glad it is not deterring you. Give everything the once over, are you certain it was the EZ harness? You would hate to have that happen again with the larger investment in the painless unit.

OP
OP
Stutsmo

Stutsmo

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Here are some pics. Two weeks worth of work in just a few pics! I put on the correct James duff shocks, installed the hydroboost unit and 4x4x2 box, installed the kit for the radiator over flow from BC Broncos, steering column, seats, and freshly power coated dash are installed, put the fuel filler neck and hoses on, installed the new to me Alcoa rims ( I had to switch out the slots because the f150 brakes are too big). I put in a close up pic of the dash board so people could see the texture and color. It is called silver veign... I like it!

Attachments

• P1040417.jpg
    P1040417.jpg
    70.2 KB · Views: 148
  • P1040418.jpg
    P1040418.jpg
    87.8 KB · Views: 146
  • P1040419.jpg
    P1040419.jpg
    47.9 KB · Views: 133
  • P1040420.jpg
    P1040420.jpg
    84 KB · Views: 141
  • P1040421.jpg
    P1040421.jpg
    119.6 KB · Views: 141
  • P1040427.jpg
    P1040427.jpg
    180.1 KB · Views: 158
  • P1040424.jpg
    P1040424.jpg
    114.7 KB · Views: 139
  • P1040423.jpg
    P1040423.jpg
    71.6 KB · Views: 140
  • P1040422.jpg
    P1040422.jpg
    61.2 KB · Views: 137
OP
OP
Stutsmo

Stutsmo

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Sorry to hear of your set back but am glad it is not deterring you. Give everything the once over, are you certain it was the EZ harness? You would hate to have that happen again with the larger investment in the painless unit.

Yes, I looked into it and had a power lead (full battery)touching the metal choke cable. I just got the choke cable installed and went to fire the Bronco up and saw the cable glowing. couldn't get back out of the Bronco and around to the battery fast enough to kill the power......

fatboy

Contributor
Glad to be here.
Loc.
New Hampshire
I hate that you had to loose the slots but if they are taking up room I have a place for them! ;D

JDJ

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Dothan
Stutsmo, I just took the time and read through all of your build thread. It seems that you and I both have had good times and bad times with our builds.

We are both close to payoff. I drove mine Saturday for the first time in almost 3 years. I am pumped up to get it back road worthy so I can drive it.

Good luck to you and keep up the great progress!

J.D.

OP
OP
Stutsmo

Stutsmo

Contributor
Bronco Guru
I hate that you had to loose the slots but if they are taking up room I have a place for them! ;D

LOL! I believe with all the Broncos I have "waiting for their turn" I'll find a good use for them!

That's awesome... Keep it up!

Thanks! I'll keep after it and get there eventually. Goal is to take it to Townsend this year.

Stutsmo, I just took the time and read through all of your build thread. It seems that you and I both have had good times and bad times with our builds.

We are both close to payoff. I drove mine Saturday for the first time in almost 3 years. I am pumped up to get it back road worthy so I can drive it.

Good luck to you and keep up the great progress!

J.D.

Done anything in the last few days?

I have been sick for the better part of 2 weeks so I havnt been getting anything done on the Wiring. I almost have the Dash ready to put back in. I am pretty happy with the over all quality of the Painless Harness, however there are a few things that I would do differently if I were selling people a Harness at around $1000.00 each. Like I said it is a pretty good harness. hope to be feeling better and back to installing the wiring harness this weekend.

Attachments

• P1210428.jpg
    P1210428.jpg
    102.3 KB · Views: 162
  • P1210429.jpg
    P1210429.jpg
    106.3 KB · Views: 170
  • P1210430.jpg
    P1210430.jpg
    112.6 KB · Views: 165
  • P1210431.jpg
    P1210431.jpg
    116.2 KB · Views: 148

englewoodcowboy

Lick Creek Restorations
Man, clean and organized wiring is just damn sexy! Great looking work! I used to build and wire automated equipment, bottlers, cappers etc. and due to my anal retentive nature you could follow a wire in a bundle, if it was on top in the 5 o'clock position, as the harness progressed it stayed in that position all the way through... OCD is a bitch at times but when it keeps things looking neat and organized the beauty of it is awesome!

OP
OP
Stutsmo

Stutsmo

Contributor
Bronco Guru
I hear ya! I am not quite that bad but I agree, if I am going to go through the process of building a Bronco.... I am going o do my best at making every aspect of the project as neat and tidy as I can!

JDJ

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Dothan
Hate to hear you've been sick. The kids and I have been the same way. I hope I get to take my bronco this year too.

We have been to SC several times, but I have never been able to take the bronco.

OP
OP
Stutsmo

Stutsmo

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Wow! Lookin good stutsmo! Can't wait to see it! Hopefully at SC?

I will be there! Hopefully the Bronco will be too. I wont have it painted yet.... but I hope to be able to drive it by then.

Hate to hear you've been sick. The kids and I have been the same way. I hope I get to take my bronco this year too.

We have been to SC several times, but I have never been able to take the bronco.

Take care of those kids! they grow up too fast! I went to the SC 2 years ago had a good time. I'll be there this year at least for Saturday.