• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Seat attachment brackets and seatbelt nuts

18Z

Anyone know if anybody sells these seat attachment brackets and the outside seatbelt nuts for under the floor pan, I'm looking for these stock ones that weld to the two rear supports. marked in red

22361.jpg

DirtDonk

Contributor
Bronco Guru
I'm pretty sure that nobody reproduces them. Yes, obviously someone makes them, but there has to be a TON of demand to get most of the manufacturers to sell a component of an assembly. We found that out with a couple of items from Dynacorn. Took a couple of years for them to release the core support triangles/body mounts, and several more years to see the hard top cross-braces released individually so you did not have to buy an entire hard top "kit" with all the other parts you don't want.

So while they're being made, I have not seen them sold as a part by themselves. Maybe it'll happen. Best thing I think is to call the various parts manufacturer's sales ends like Dynacorn, AMD (auto metal direct) and places like that. They may, or may not actually own the factories in China that stamp these parts out, but they're responsible for ordering and having them shipped to the US. So that's a start.

Best bet otherwise is to find someone parting out a Bronco or an old rusted out body that still has those in good shape. Some of the under-pinnings were zinc coated at the factory and remain intact while the floor panels rust away to nothing around them. Not sure if those straps were included in that protection, but it's possible.

Good luck.

Paul

DirtDonk

Contributor
Bronco Guru
I should have added that I have not personally looked, or dug deeper to see if anyone has those. Yours is the first time I've seen someone ask for them, so don't really know with 100% certainty that I am right about their availability.
But there's a pretty good chance I'm right.

Paul

sprdv1

Contributor
REBEL
Anyone know if anybody sells these seat attachment brackets and the outside seatbelt nuts for under the floor pan, I'm looking for these stock ones that weld to the two rear supports. marked in red

22361.jpg

where did that shot come from? :)

OP
OP
18Z

18Z

The picture is from the Wildhorses website and I put the red lines on to show what I am looking for.

DirtDonk

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Too bad it's not the same size channel as the cross-brace is. I think those are now available as separate pieces (due to the high demand for some reason) but they don't look like they could be reversed and used for the seat channels like you are wanting.

When I moved my seats I made my own. What is your need for right now? You have a rusted out floor and just want to use flat sheet metal and add these pieces? Or are you replacing just the rusted out channels? Something else?
I made simple blocks using 1/4" flat steel with holes for the seat bolts. Then I welded nuts to the holes and "chased" the nut's threads with a tap to let the threads continue into the flat steel strip.
Then because I was having trouble with my welder, I simply "glued" them in place using silicone. Once bolted on they were likely never coming off again anyway, but at least that gave me a fighting chance of them not spinning if I ever did remove the seats.

If you don't need the fully formed reinforcement ribs in the picture, maybe you could make your own out of longer strips of flat steel too? I only used sections, but I don't see why you could not use full length strips.

Paul

OP
OP
18Z

18Z

I can make my own but want to keep it with original look, and since some company made those on the picture I figured somebody might have them just like everything else for the pan and seat area, I have all the other pieces except those. Just thought someone might know before I spend hours online and on phone calls to find them.

jckkys

Bronco Guru
I never noticed long braces to secure the DR seat but will look Tues. I know the seat belt anchors are steel blocks welded under the floor about 1/4"X1"X2". The rear seat and seat belt anchors are the same. I don't see any of the seat or seat belt anchors in the picture. The braces in the picture may be there to protect the auxiliary tank.