• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Dana 30/44 drum brake parts

67sport

Contributor
Loc.
Vancouver Island, Canada
Can any of you tell me if there is a market for the front drum parts that are left after a disc swap? I've got all the front drum parts from my 74, and will soon have the parts from my 67 (which also has 74 axles in it now, by coincidence). I know that the original dana 30 hubs off the 67 are desirable, and once I find them again, they may become available, but what about the front drum bits?

Is anyone after that stuff? I'm inclined to throw it all in the metal bin, but would sell/give it, if it has value. I'm in Canada, so even free but you pay shipping may not be worth it?

Let me know, thanks.

Sent from my SM-T560NU using Tapatalk

thegreatjustino

Contributor
Red Head Grease Monkey
Loc.
Stockton, CA
I sold my take-offs to three different buyers looking for bits and pieces. Took three years or so of sitting on them and constantly listing them on craigslist. Overall I got nearly $300 between all the sales.

Just depends on how patient you are and how long you want to store them.

OP
OP
67sport

67sport

Contributor
Loc.
Vancouver Island, Canada
Thanks for the feedback. I think you are more patient than I. Sure wish I had more space where I am.

Sent from my SM-T560NU using Tapatalk

bronkenn

Contributor
Bronco Guy
Loc.
Southeast Ohio
There was a vender on here a couple years ago that was buying them up. They sent a prepaid mail label and paid a decent price for them. Can't remember who they were but I believe they were out of Tennessee.

OP
OP
67sport

67sport

Contributor
Loc.
Vancouver Island, Canada
Thanks guys. I guess I’ll hold on to them until I’m done my build. I’ve been collecting parts for 20 years, and was always planning to get rid of the unused stuff once I know what I don’t need. I’ll just add them to the pile and clean them up and sell them when I’m done.

Have a great weekend.