• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Led headlights

Jamie Chriss

I got these Speaker lights from Wildhorses they are plug n play.

Attachments

• Bronco Lights.jpg
    Bronco Lights.jpg
    192.3 KB · Views: 177
  • Bronco Lights 21.jpg
    Bronco Lights 21.jpg
    195.9 KB · Views: 164

Bitch'nBronco

Contributor
Loose Cannon
Loc.
Havre De Grace, MD
I bought these and have been running them for about 8 months. No need to modify anything and they plugged right in.
cfeb4f899e46d3ae7b6e6e5db5d43372.jpg
814e3a8a98eb804306e1b0bd3434c9d0.jpg
afc95ea67b213a278c437fd75c5bd5cd.jpg

Sent from my SM-G981V using Tapatalk

stretch

Loc.
Montgomery, TX
JCKKYS,

Could you post of pic of the Hummer lights installed. Sounds like these would work just fine, and I like the idea of using Milspec.

Bitch'nBronco

Contributor
Loose Cannon
Loc.
Havre De Grace, MD
JCKKYS,

Could you post of pic of the Hummer lights installed. Sounds like these would work just fine, and I like the idea of using Milspec.
The milspec ones you'll have to add your own connectors to. The come with individual plugs for each wire rather than the traditional plug for an H4 halogen

Sent from my SM-G981V using Tapatalk

DirtDonk

Contributor
Bronco Guru
And while browsing, don't forget to look at member Heuss33's offerings. He started with (and still makes I assume) HID type lamps, and then started doing LED's too I believe.
Mad specifically to fit Broncos, but as for style you'll have to look at each offering to see if they fit your needs.
He's got info over in the vendor section as well.

I like the look of the HUMVEE lights jckkys linked to, but those are listed as 24v specifically. I did not hunt around for 12v versions, or are those only listed as 24v but work with 12v?

Love the front end look on your rig Bitch'nBronco!

Paul

jckkys

Bronco Guru
My '68/'77 is still in the restoration shop, but I will get some photos tomorrow. The shop is installing a 10,380 lumen LED light bar in the middle of the OE front bumper. With that and the Humvee headlights no one will want keep their brights on approaching me.

Broncobowsher

Total hack
The Groats look pretty good. One of the few I would consider.
When they start packing in the projector lenses they don't have the correct vintage look.
In the past I considered the KC Daylighters as one of the more conventional looking ones.

Was really hoping to go to SEMA this year and see what is new. I missed last year, and this year is canceled.

sprdv1

Contributor
REBEL
And while browsing, don't forget to look at member Heuss33's offerings. He started with (and still makes I assume) HID type lamps, and then started doing LED's too I believe.

Ole Tom is still going strong with those

bigmuddy

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Marthasville Missouri
The Groats look pretty good. One of the few I would consider.
When they start packing in the projector lenses they don't have the correct vintage look.
In the past I considered the KC Daylighters as one of the more conventional looking ones.

Was really hoping to go to SEMA this year and see what is new. I missed last year, and this year is canceled.

BBowsher I agree, too each their own but on my rig I don't care to stray to far from the traditional look. I just recalled a friend of mine is building a bronco and bought a set of these from a truck stop, price was around a 100.

Broncobowsher

Total hack
I have not shopped for lights in a truck stop for a few years. I've seen plenty of older commercial trucks being retrofitted. Good idea, I'll have to look in a truck stop parts area the next time I am in one.

Broncobowsher

Total hack
Reminder, any good LED light will not benefit from a relay harness.

Relays were great when dealing with a bulb that the output varies depending on input voltage. That would be a filament based light bulb (stock, Halogen, H4)

LEDs, at least any with a hint of good engineering behind them, have an LED driver. That is they will make the same light regardless of voltage. That is why you often see them listed as 9-36V. Doesn't matter what you feed them, the output is the same. Relays are another source of failure. IF your stock wiring is so sketchy that you need relays to run LEDs, you are going to have other issues with that poor of wiring. If you can run stock lights, you can run LEDs. If the high beam switch or headlight switch were scketchy before, they will still be after.

I have probably seen more relay failures than I have seen headlight switch failures. And when the lights in your sketchy wiring do fail (they will) now you have even more to try and diagnose on the side of the road/trail, in the dark.

jckkys

Bronco Guru
Thanks Broncobowsher. The idea that a light bulb could put out as bright a beam with 12v as with 24v seemed like magic to me, but after seeing the Humvee headlights in use, I KNOW now that it's true. The beam pattern is crisp and far brighter than the OE incandescent bulbs. Of course it's bright white and the bulb doesn't get hot. Ebey always has some of these, but the best prices are at Humvee surplus parts houses. I got 4 of the 3 point seat belt shoulder harnesses for Humvees for 45 bucks, brand new in the original pkg, from the same place. These come in black or tan. The ebey auction I cited for the LEDs was just to show the packaging TruckLite used.

tatersalad

Bronco Guru
Some LED have a heater in them to keep them clear and unobstructed in snow , I would imagine the cheaper ones don't.

56f100bbw

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Tucson / lakeside AZ
Old school lights

This is way bright for me done 35 years ago it has a dimmer switch on the floor for the flood lights just like the headlights real simple

Attachments

• AB18629D-6B9D-4067-B9CC-E2EC85E180FD.jpg
    AB18629D-6B9D-4067-B9CC-E2EC85E180FD.jpg
    111.6 KB · Views: 157