• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Fuel tank replacement question

Braifab

Loc.
Fort Smith, Arkansas
Definitely. How much are you selling those for now?;);D

Paul

I haven't thought about it but it wasn't that tough being I work in the fab industry. What you don't see in the pics is I am lining the areas that contact the tank with a vinyl/rubber strip to protect the tank. Who would dare scratch up that fabulous looking tank you sell? I'm painting it this weekend so I'll post some pics when finished.

DirtDonk

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Sounds great. Looking forward to seeing it all finished up.

Paul

sprdv1

Contributor
REBEL
I haven't thought about it but it wasn't that tough being I work in the fab industry. What you don't see in the pics is I am lining the areas that contact the tank with a vinyl/rubber strip to protect the tank. Who would dare scratch up that fabulous looking tank you sell? I'm painting it this weekend so I'll post some pics when finished.

You could prob get some takers I'm sure....

keep up the good work

Braifab

Loc.
Fort Smith, Arkansas
Sounds great. Looking forward to seeing it all finished up.

Paul

So I got some basecoat on it today (thanks for the inadvertent nudge). Pearl midcoat tomorrow and hopefully clear coat Friday. I'll try to install over the weekend. Honestly tho, just wanted to show there are a lot of options for the 23 gallon tank if you use your imagination....I like getting ideas from all the other build threads (and I've spent hours looking at them)then applying my own spin on it....makes the build more enjoyable for me.

Attachments

• 20201021_095913.jpg
    20201021_095913.jpg
    83.3 KB · Views: 18
  • 20191222_165608.jpg
    20191222_165608.jpg
    113.1 KB · Views: 19
  • 20191222_165559.jpg
    20191222_165559.jpg
    94.9 KB · Views: 19
  • 20191222_161946.jpg
    20191222_161946.jpg
    110.8 KB · Views: 19

blubuckaroo

Grease Monkey
Loc.
Ridgefield WA
I hated being the only one with two tanks on trips, and still always the first one that needed to stop for gas!
Going from 18 to 30 was an amazing feeling of satisfaction!

Haven't you heard? That's now a standard condition for Ford pickups!:eek:%)
I don't know if Ford has finally changed the design, but in the EFI years (what, maybe '85 to at least '96 in that older body style truck?) when the FDM (fuel delivery module) in one tank would fail, the failure mode was that the return line would feed the opposite tank. I'm sure that made sense to someone, somewhere, in some committee...
So if you were not aware of this condition, driving the truck would end up with a big overflow situation.

I've still got a HUGE stain on my street where I used to park the '93. It was an unfortunate bit of critical intel that the PO just happened to leave out when I bought the truck.
You learn quickly about that stuff when the fuel just won't stop coming out of the gas cap.:(:-[

Paul

With coffee shops being sued over coffee burns, I can't see why a manufacturer would produce such a dangerous situation.?:?