• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

"The Racing Bronco" Restoration

OP
OP
My69Pony

My69Pony

Just back from the show, we were able to take home the plaque for 4x4 Competition Best In Class, which was nice since we went to the show with no expectations of winning anything. I love to go to the shows just to have a chance to talk to people about such a unique vehicle. I had the opportunity to talk to a few other Bronco lovers as well as those that would love to get into off-roading. My favorite time of the show is at the end and the moment of starting the Bronco, seeing the reaction of those standing around not expecting the sound that comes from a Supercharge opened header straight 6. It has a sound all its own. When we have the opportunity to take it to whatever show we choose next it won’t take nearly as much time to get it prepare. So now with AutoRama complete I will be able to start thinking about other projects that need to be done. My mind can now shift to Bronco Safari, here we go again.
Brian

OP
OP
My69Pony

My69Pony

By the way, thanks for all the kind words of those that have followed this thread as well as those that have had the opportunity to see the Bronco in person.
Brian

motoman

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Phoenix, AZ
What an incredible build thread!!! I am glad to see the groove slicks live to see another day! I couldn't believe how well those work in the sand and snow!

OP
OP
My69Pony

My69Pony

So, another show is upon us. We will have the Racing Bronco out to the UVU Auto Expo at Thanksgiving Point this Saturday. For any of you Utah Bronco folks that have a bit of free time during the day come out and say hello. We will be taking the Bronco in on Friday evening and then spend the day enjoying the great show that UVU put on. Last year I think there were 3 or 4 other Broncos at the show, I'd love to see a full coral this year. Early registration is over, but you can register day of the show. Come on out and enjoy the day.
http://www.uvu.edu/autoexpo/

Brian

OP
OP
My69Pony

My69Pony

Well, it’s been a while since I posted on this threat so I thought I'd throw something new (actually old) out there. I was looking through a storage tote with pictures and other forgotten stuff when I came upon several pictures that I have been looking for. These pictures were taken sometime in the early 1990s. As a family, one of our favorite places to go was to the Little Sahara Sand Dunes. The trips to the sand dune became less frequent over the years, but every now and then we would still find the time to go enjoy the thrill of playing in the sand. This trip was the first and I believe the only trip that we hauled three Broncos with the C-700 Ford. After this trip, the C-700 was use for several more years but has since been put out to pasture. I hope within the next year or so to bring the truck back to life with a somewhat updated powertrain and start using it again. We will have to see what happens, but for now I just thought I would show what I hope to be my future bronco hauler.
Brian
The Racing Bronco on the front of the truck is of course what this threat is all about. The other Bronco loaded is my Brothers, He still has it. The Bronco on the tote behind the truck is what we call the "Beater". It's been rolled and put back together again several times. It is also still in the family and will hopefully one day have its glory back.

Attachments

• scan0025.jpg
    scan0025.jpg
    120.7 KB · Views: 235
  • scan0027.jpg
    scan0027.jpg
    142.4 KB · Views: 199
  • scan0032.jpg
    scan0032.jpg
    98.9 KB · Views: 232

70rdstr

Loc.
Elizabeth
Well, it’s been a while since I posted on this threat so I thought I'd throw something new (actually old) out there. I was looking through a storage tote with pictures and other forgotten stuff when I came upon several pictures that I have been looking for. These pictures were taken sometime in the early 1990s. As a family, one of our favorite places to go was to the Little Sahara Sand Dunes. The trips to the sand dune became less frequent over the years, but every now and then we would still find the time to go enjoy the thrill of playing in the sand. This trip was the first and I believe the only trip that we hauled three Broncos with the C-700 Ford. After this trip, the C-700 was use for several more years but has since been put out to pasture. I hope within the next year or so to bring the truck back to life with a somewhat updated powertrain and start using it again. We will have to see what happens, but for now I just thought I would show what I hope to be my future bronco hauler.
Brian
The Racing Bronco on the front of the truck is of course what this threat is all about. The other Bronco loaded is my Brothers, He still has it. The Bronco on the tote behind the truck is what we call the "Beater". It's been rolled and put back together again several times. It is also still in the family and will hopefully one day have its glory back.

That was a great thread, on a great part of the Bronco history. Got to say I love the Ford flatbed, tow rig, as it just adds perfection to the pictures!
Eric

OP
OP
My69Pony

My69Pony

That was a great thread, on a great part of the Bronco history. Got to say I love the Ford flatbed, tow rig, as it just adds perfection to the pictures!
Eric

Eric, Thanks for the kind words. It will be an even better picture when we are able to get the C-700 back on the road. With the racer already restored, the white Bronco still in the family and the Bronco being towed as a future project, someday I hope to recreate this picture as we again head off to the Sand Dunes. If I’m not able to get it done in the near future, maybe I’ll be able to get it done for some shows and gatherings during the Bronco 50th anniversary in two years. One can only hope and dream.
Brian

OP
OP
My69Pony

My69Pony

As I have been sitting here looking to the future i've spent time thinking about next year being the 50th anniversary of the Bronco. I have decided that I would like to attend a few shows next year with the Racing Bronco. Here is where things get tough, I'm sure there will be some great Bronco get togethers but I anticipate only being able to attend two, maybe three events total. This is where I would like a bit of input from the Bronco community. If you had your choice of celebration what would you choose? I'm pretty sure that one of the events will be Fabulous Ford at Notts Berry Farm, but the others I'm open for suggestions. This is going to take a lot of time and financial commitment on mine and my family's part so I've got to get a jump start on it. Any input would be welcomed.
By the way, just thought I'd bring up this old thread so you could see what would be coming to the event.
Thanks, Brian

FRANKO289

Contributor
Bronco enthusiast
would love to see you, & the racer on the C-700 next year @ the Bronco Driver SC in Townsend TN !
its a fantastic 5 day event !

ransil

Bronco Guru
East Coast Bronco Roundup should be 7 plus day worth of Broncos June 3 - 11 2016

toddz69

Sponsor/Vendor
Bronco Guru
As I have been sitting here looking to the future i've spent time thinking about next year being the 50th anniversary of the Bronco. I have decided that I would like to attend a few shows next year with the Racing Bronco. Here is where things get tough, I'm sure there will be some great Bronco get togethers but I anticipate only being able to attend two, maybe three events total. This is where I would like a bit of input from the Bronco community. If you had your choice of celebration what would you choose? I'm pretty sure that one of the events will be Fabulous Ford at Notts Berry Farm, but the others I'm open for suggestions. This is going to take a lot of time and financial commitment on mine and my family's part so I've got to get a jump start on it. Any input would be welcomed.
By the way, just thought I'd bring up this old thread so you could see what would be coming to the event.
Thanks, Brian

Glad to see that you're thinking of next year as well, Brian. I'm in the same boat as you - would love to attend a bunch of the shows and take our Stroppe racer to display. Vacation time is tight!

Todd Z.

NGABronco

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
N. GA now South Carolina
I'm going with Franko!!! I would love to see both/all those rigs in Townsend, TN next year!! Tom Broberg (Bronco Driver) is planning for a "Large" event!!!;D;D;D

wepuckett

Here is my 2 cents worth, if you can do those 2 or 3 events on the east coast or mid west that would probably be the year to make the trek for the 50th, you can always plan for several events more on the west coast for the 55th. As the 50th events will be longer and make the trip totally worth while, not that you would be disapointed with the 51st SC in Townsend. Possibly look for the 3 largest events in the US for the 50th the 3 other new events for the 51st.

BTW love the C - 700 and the Bronco's there next year.

OP
OP
My69Pony

My69Pony

Thanks for all the response, I look forward to what ever shows I am able to attend. I know it may be a bit early for event dates for next year, but as soon as dates begin to come together I'll be able to start the planning.
The C-700 may or may not be apart of the preparation. It is in need of a lot of work and with a present top speed of 60mph, a trip to anywhere would be a bit beyond my sanity level. But then again, anything is possible given the right situation.

Monster Mike

Sponsor/Vendor
Bronco Guru
Hey Brian hows it going? Read through a couple pages here and thought I’d give this thread a bump to see if you have any updates.

In case you’re curious how I found my way here to your thread, you can thank Facebook.

A lot of us just can’t get enough of the good ole days.

MM

sprdv1

Contributor
REBEL
Hey Brian hows it going? Read through a couple pages here and thought I’d give this thread a bump to see if you have any updates.

In case you’re curious how I found my way here to your thread, you can thank Facebook.

A lot of us just can’t get enough of the good ole days.

MM

lol, welcome back.. :)

OP
OP
My69Pony

My69Pony

MM, sorry to say, no updates. The Racer sits in the garage under a cover and doesn't get out much. I had hoped to get it out to a few shows this summer but I spend most of the month working on North Dakota and only have 7 to 8 days a month in Utah. I do have this year's Thanksgiving off and Thanksgiving weekend is when I try to get to the sand dunes. Maybe this will be the year it gets back to it's old stomping grounds. I guess that should be motivation to losing a bit of weight so I can fit in the seat.
Brian